Swift Transportation - What The Recruiter Didn't Tell You

Discussion in 'Swift' started by madmoneymike5, Mar 11, 2012.

Was this article helpful to you?

1. *

Yes, exceptionally so!

186 vote(s)
    73.8%
  2. *

Yes, it was helpful.

50 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. *

Neutral

10 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. *

No it was not helpful.

9 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    You don't need to worry about direct deposit to receive your pay...

Start the ball rolling on the DD at orientation, payroll will have the first pay period for their set up test run, then the second will go to DD. But the first pay can be deposited to your ComData card you will get issued at orientation. You will never be waiting on a check from payroll.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Student pay period is not the same as OTR. this will be explained to you in orientation.

Usually the student's first pay is only for one or two days...if I remember right student pay period is Sat-Fri....so if you get on your Mentor's truck right out of orientation (not real likely) you would have the 2 days...Thur-Fri...

There is no "lag time" on student payroll....what is completed thru Fri gets payed the following week.

Round2 Thanks this.
  4. madmoneymike5

madmoneymike5 Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    I think it used to be this way, but now it's the same as everyone else. I believe this because I went through student status twice. The first time back in 2010, yes it was the way you described. Second time, I had normal paychecks. As well, my most recent student (my brother) was paid Thur-Wed payable following Tues.

Either way, you will be paid, you will be paid fairly, and even so, it won't be much. So....be ready to eat Ramen Noodles.

5. madmoneymike5

Jan 30, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Moderators: I have revised my article with grammatical and spelling corrections. As well, in the future, I'd like the opportunity to update it to reflect changes in Swift policies, etc. Unfortunately, there seems to be no "edit" button on the post anymore. How might I be able to do this?

6. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    After 24 hours it not possible for you to edit your post, after that a moderator has to edit it.

You could always repost your updated version in this thread.

7. Domandred

Domandred Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Boise, ID
    TRUE! Happened to me while I was trying to learn to sleep in a moving truck.

8. madmoneymike5

Jan 30, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    You don't mind? I mean, that's quite a lot to re-post every time I make a change. :biggrin_2556: Are there no other options?

9. Aflak

Aflak Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Not practical to update that away as people are not going to go thru pages of reply post to find and updated Vir of your article.

Just think this is your first time on this board.. your not going to know there is an updated Vir on page 8 and then agein on page 13.

Why not ask the mods to sticky this and help you with updating. WIth as much good info as you have given here I am sure they will have some good solutions for you.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  10. madmoneymike5

Jan 30, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Excellent advice. Withholding more such that you get a big return each year is giving the government an interest free loan. "It's your money; use it when you need it!"

11. nervous

nervous Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2012
    bennington,ok
    i to am a new driver at swift been here 4 months and the first part was ok but man the miles i got in the begining was good now im lucky to see any over 400 sure wish id seen this sooner

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.