Swift Wamart dedicated in Florida. Home Daily.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mogan2006, Jul 13, 2012.

1. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    Let us know how this works out for you. Very curious as I've seen how 2 different companies run the same WalMart account up here and wonder how Swift will do it down there. Do to the nature of the freight I think it will be similar but you never know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  4. Va/Ky Driver

Va/Ky Driver Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Ky,Tn,Va
    Did you work for SNI when they lost the accnt? I heard .25 cpm also with U.S. Express.

5. mogan2006

mogan2006 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2009
    fort myers, fl
    Well I talked to a swift driver in a day cab at walmart today and I was very disappointed in what he had to say.

He said he's working 80hrs a week. Even tho you r local you r never home except to sleep. He said he has never hated a job so much in his 16 years of driving.

6. mogan2006

mogan2006 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2009
    fort myers, fl
    Who the hell wants to work a local job 80hrs a week.
    That's just absolutely crazy.

I will talk with some other drivers to see what they say. But so far I don't belive this sounds like my kind of thing.
    I will let you know what other drivers say.

7. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    I left before the account was lost. I made .36 cpm

mogan2006 Thanks this.
  8. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother
    I know several drivers that transfered when greatwide lost that account and just transfered over and leased with swift.. They made it like 3 days.. Like I said earlier you are going to take it in the rear.. One guy out of Arcadia said he is working 80 hours a week never off.. Never home when he is home it is just to get sleep .. He told me when he leaves and logs out of the elog thing he has exactly 10 hours before he is required to be back at the yard and READY TO GO..

mogan2006 Thanks this.
  9. Va/Ky Driver

Va/Ky Driver Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Ky,Tn,Va
    We may of met at one time. Tom used to get London to send drivers to Henderson to help out.I got sent a couple of times. And man did I feel like a fish out of water. Didn't know how to get into the stores," the one's that were tricky to get into". But the running area was nice for a change of scenery.Then on the last day B4 days off get a Sam's load to Johnson City and back to the yard.

mogan2006 Thanks this.
  10. Grind

Grind Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Florida
    OK, so I read this thread before I took the dedicated walmart out of Arcadia and it scared me a bit. I don't know what it was like a few months ago but I'll share what I know it as currently. Swift is my 1st trucking job and I dont have a full year yet.
    Experience factors into what your pay will be I make .33 cpm (regardless of length of trip I believe) $10 a stop but 1st stop is not payed.
    It's all reefer night driving unless youre o/o, I know at least one that does all dry van day driving. I start from 1800 to 0300, work 5 to 13 hour days. (Ive never started at 0300 and worked a 13 day though)
    It is 7 days a week but sometimes you wont get a load. So far they havent been bad about giving me a day off if I request it but I try not to take too many b/c pay isnt that great.
    I SET MY PTA, one guy said they complained he set his longer than 10 hours but I've never gotten any crap for it.
    It's coast to coast from orlando to miami, you dont l or ul but you have to remove stickers from pallets.
    Pay sucks, you average 550 to 650 and you have to deal with the ineptitude of ### dragging walmart employees taking their time to let you into the store and unload you. Only good thing about this job is that you live at home not in a truck. Once I do my full year I'll be looking elsewhere, 1st step was no more otr next step is to stop running miles.

123456 and mogan2006 Thank this.
  11. fuscia

fuscia Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I've been offered a Walmart dedicated with Swift out of Decatur, GA. Does anyone have any info they can tell me about this position? Is it 7 days too?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.