System adventures with the ducky

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by rubberducky68, Nov 7, 2015.

1. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Ya this is the best time to run if you aren't going to be home for holidays. Last year I was really enjoying the EMPTY truck stops, I rolled into a pilot between Atlanta and Tuscaloosa 7pm the day after Christmas last year and there was 1 other truck in the lot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    Only one truck? There goes my plan to knock on truck doors and sing Xmas carols. I require a bigger audience than that.

4. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Well my week went by pretty quick. Loaded late monday night in CT then delivered wednesday in Greensboro NC. Deadheaded down to Greer and hooked up a preloaded bound for NY. Delivered and deadheaded home for the weekend. This weather is fantastic, low-mid 50s and Sunny so I'm not complaining lol.

5. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I need some advice/help here. Anyone ever run a load up to Linden NJ off exit 13? I have to load in Milledgeville GA tomorrow afternoon at 13:00 and deliver on Wednesday 8am. I always hate going up in that area because finding parking seems to be a pain in the butt.

Total mileage is about 840 miles. Since I am loading so late in the afternoon I will probably only drive about 250 miles before I park tomorrow eve. Parking tomorrow night should not be an issue. It is Tuesday night when I get up into the Jersey area is what I am fretting.

Any advice on where to park that is easy in/easy out getting back on the turnpike and will also still have parking available late in the evening Tuesday say around 20:00-21:00?

Not sure how far the Pedrick Town terminal is from Linden. I though about parking there if it is not too far of a drive for Wednesday morning.

Thoughts, advice?

6. hunted

hunted Medium Load Member

You should be fine with the travel center rest areas on the Turnpike. The lots are pretty big you will find a spot. I pulled in those places plenty of times at 23:00-02:30 and never had a problem parking. Don't let the people on the ramps discourage you from stopping in there. If you go in there you will find a spot. The last rest area by the GWB I would avoid that one is always a problem.

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  7. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I have never run the turnpike up that far. Didn't know they had travel centers on them in Jersey. Thank God I don't go there very often.

Thanks for the info hunted.

8. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    There's a turn like rest area/service center in east Brunswick nj. Just stayed there last night and it just got re done and is now open. Plenty of parking. That should keep you about 10-20 miles or less from where your delivering too.

Like stated about that one rest stop by the GW never stop there that's a nightmare.

9. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I'd park in Bordentown or at the t/w Keasby. As I'm sure you know, Keasby can be tight but I've always managed to find a place to wedge myself in.

Pedricktown isn't too bad, a couple hrs maybe. Wouldn't be a bad option either.

10. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Light Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I avoid DC and Baltimore by going up 81 to 78. I'd probably stay at the TA in Bloomsbury, NJ. And I wouldn't hesitate to pay for a parking spot.

11. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    If you have a smart phone download truckers path it's a good tool for planning where to stop for the night.

Hoot67 and rubberducky68 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.