T. E. Smith Transports and Logistics - USA

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by P5CU, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Crazytrucker980

Crazytrucker980 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2017
    His totally right!!!!

TroyTheDriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TroyTheDriver

TroyTheDriver Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2024
    Canada
    I was working for T.E. Smith transport and logistics in Canada around about 2019-2020. When I was working for them, they were scam artists. I made probably just 20 grand Canadian in my 8 months working there.

Matt Smith at the time had bad mouthed me over the phone because I quit due to me refusing to get bullied.

The Owner Operator I was working with scammed me quite a bit and took advantage of my gullibility at the time. I was a young operator, and a brand new driver.

They have multiple allegations of not paying their clients, and have been accused of load skimming by other drivers. It happened to me. They would send me a freight rate, as I was paid by percentage. They would then send me another email after the original one had sent with the load rate, and the new load rate was lower. I made less than minimum wage working for these guys.

Currently, they have made a new google page and continue to do so whenever they get a whole bunch of honest reviews. Also, they commonly and frequently post fake reviews of their company online to make themselves look better. Check out the second listing that comes up on google maps for them, not just the first one without any reviews. The latest one they have posted is based in Forest, ON. However, there is another page on google maps that is based in "Canada" as the entire country.

The reason why I have re-opened this topic despite such a long time passing is that I have seen online lately that drivers/ clients have STILL been having issues. I would just like to make sure that I am showing them some support in whatever ways I can. The Canadian truck driver is fed up with this industry and it's scams during periods of unsustainably high costs of living. Us workers need all the money we can get at this time, and if we risk non payment, we can lose EVERYTHING. Our homes, our vehicles, food in our tummy, our families, our pets. That is why I believe this is now relevant. Companies need to pay their drivers everything they do, including waiting/ sitting time, as it is what we need to SURVIVE. No free rides for the company.

Think of this review as a documentation of the past, but not necessarily how they are right now. With that in mind, this is a family company and attitudes tend to stick. If you decide to work for this carrier, please tread carefully and document every single move.

Cheers,

Troy.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    Knucklehead Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.