T660 heater fan stops for hours and windows fog up.

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by HoneyBadger67, Jan 5, 2019.

1. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    So, the fan was cutting out now and then...no problem, I could deal with that. Then, coming through a surprise snow storm on 4th of July pass, fan stops for hours and windows fog up. Get to the bottom and replace the blower motor. Next day it's cutting out again. It's still winter, so I still need the fan. It works on all speeds (when it works) so I don't think it's the resistor.

I suppose I should mention that it is on a T660....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnpete

tnpete Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    My old T600 was doing the same thing. Almost bet your problem is the same as mine. Check your blower relay, Its heating up. Then kicking out, thus the working some.
    Mine got where it was kicking out every minute or so. Replaced the breaker. It now runs perfect.

Just a heads up do not touch that breaker when it just kicked out. I branded that finger for a couple of weeks. I used a cheap temp gun from Harbor Freight to find it. Sure saves skin when its hurning hot.

Tombstone69 and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  4. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    Took the words right out my mouth.

5. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    After searching countless times for the HVAC relay for the cab, I just bought a breaker for and the problem seems to have gone away. It's not the exact breaker that came out, (I got it from advance auto), but it *is* the same amperage. Keeping fingers crossed as I'm heading into colder weather where I'll need the defroster.....

6. tnpete

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    Got mine off Ebay. Guy had a bunch of new ones listed. I think with shipping it was less then $5.

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  7. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    $3.99/ea at advance. I picked up a couple extras.

8. tnpete

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    They asked me $12. with a Fleet Account.

9. Misfittruckingltd

Misfittruckingltd Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Where was the breaker located?

10. Misfittruckingltd

Misfittruckingltd Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2018
    I'm currently having the same problem, usually goes out after I shut my truck off, if I turn it back on nothing for hours. Leave the truck shut off come back later... Works. I can find the sleeper relay but that it. I've checked my power to the plugs and everything. When it works it works on all speeds. Only thing I haven't done yet is open up the heater box under the hood.

11. HoneyBadger67

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Mine was the 30A breaker behind the driver's side kick panel. Over time I guess they just get weak. Since replacing the breaker there have been no problems.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.