T680 Daycab side skirt removal and exhaust re-routing

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by golfnut34, Oct 27, 2019.

1. golfnut34

golfnut34 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Several weeks ago I bought a 2014 T680 daycab. It has the plastic skirts on the side beneath the doors hiding the fuel tank (drivers side) and the DPF/exhaust on the right side. I'd like to remove these skirts and replace them with aluminum/chrome for more of the vocational look. The drivers side looks pretty straight forward. Remove the skirt and mounting hardware and replace with steps. Raney's or 4 State Trucks appears to have all that. For the right side I'll need a DPF box cover. The have several variations that either have gussets or not. What is the difference? Also, do I need fender extensions if I remove the skirts or go without? I can't find any online for a T680, only T880. Are they the same?

Also, the truck is currently a weed burner with the exhaust dumping out between the frame rails behind the cab. I'd like to run it up the right side behind the cab. Is there a kit to do this or a diagram that shows what parts I need to order?

The truck will be a farm truck pulling hopper bottoms and tanker trailers around gravel roads and fields.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.