TA just raised shower prices really?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Lonewolf2000, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Why do you think?!?

To store up shower credits!
    I used to get 50 gallons to hit that target. My company also has small B & C trucks that only max out at about 70 gallons max. (Except for the single tanks, which only hold 35! Who's brilliant idea was that? Sure they're mostly used locally but any road trip you have to stop at EVERY consecutive truckstop because the max range is under 300 miles!)

I haven't figured out the ins & outs of the new system yet but it seems asinine. They call it "gears" because some ###### desk jockey in marketing thought it "sounded cool", when it's obviously an over complicated way to hide that we're actually getting a reduction in services.

Tb0n3, tommymonza and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Planet fitness. $10 a month will beat TA all month long

Lite bug and PE_T Thank this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Interesting point. If I had a dedicated route, I could easily map out the Planet Fitness locations for a shower and a workout!

Trucker61016 and 6wheeler Thank this.
  5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

It sucks how TA/Petro has this 24 hr limit per credit. Now even the most loyal customers cannot practically get a shower a day. In practice, it’s more like 20 showers a month. They need to stop playing games and give us a shower a day, at least for the most loyal customers.

disoba, Tb0n3, Trucker61016 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I tend to agree with you ...it was half hearted at best and I think TA shot themselves in the foot ...again !
    I used to give one brand all my business but no more whether its pfj , loves , ta or independents ....now it's all about lack of BS , service and food .
    Of all the major brands there are locations that are great and those that are horrible .
    Almost anything the carrier I'm leased to that comes across on the fuel plan will be a poop show and avoided .
    A fuel stop to me is for fuel , shower and lunch as fast as possible ...not a layover at the fuel island and waiting for a shower and lousy food .
    If it costs a few extra bucks so be it .

mjd4277 and Dale thompson Thank this.
  7. Infosaur

Lol, I'm sure I'm gonna sound like an idiot for this. But Planet Fitness, I have to bring my own soap and towels for. At least the truckstops provide them. One less thing to carry in the truck.

Also, as it was explained to me, the $10 membership they advertise so heavily, only covers your local gym. If you want to go to other gyms nationwide you gotta spring for the Black Card ($21/mo.)

8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep that's why loves will get the bulk of my fuel biz tmw and I'm done with the loyalty game.

PE_T Thanks this.
  9. Infosaur

I'll have to ask my boss if we're still exclusive to TA/Petro. Our cards work other places but we used to have to "explain ourselves" if we went elsewhere. Now with the single tanks, the construction at the TA on 78, all the local work in & out of Philly where we have to pay a toll to get to NJ where the truckstops are? The company plan may have changed.

Funny story, back when we had paper logs and I was hourly I made a delivery in South Philly, crossed the bridge into NJ to get fuel at Bordentown then ran all the way around Trenton on the "free" bridge back to PA. Must have wasted two hours just to keep the company from "tracking" me with toll receipts. Lol.

10. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Bordentown and paulsboro = good food and I fuel there ...Columbia too.
    Buckhorn pa too .
    Barkeyville pa ...garbage .

Dale thompson Thanks this.
  11. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Good point. But the TA is charging $16 now for 1 shower? $21 will beat TA after the 2nd visit. And the one I go to has soap. :)

PE_T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.