TA Nashville Tn...dispicable service!!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by drvrtech77, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Gordon A

Gordon A Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Well, There won't be a problem finding a parking place after 5 pm.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I've been to both TAs in the Nashville area. When we stayed downtown, we made a weekend of it. We walked across the bridge and hopped the bus (free) and hit some of the local restaurants. Got a great haircut and wet shave at a little barber shop downtown as well. Never saw the need to use the TA restaurant. IIRC, the other TA has a Popeye's and some other chain. You have choices.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    That's the only time I've stopped at that TA. I got stuck there in the flood. They were rather nice and accommodated me in the 4 wheeler parking lot since the other trucks were under water. They made their last sale to me with supplies right as the water come in the front door and they locked the place up. It was kind of fun parking at the front door before seeking higher ground.

I interviewed a dozen truck stop managers and they all said the same thing. They rather manage Bubba's Diesel stop and Fireworks stand in San Carlos, AZ (US60 milepost 290) than deal with that Joseph driver again! :) jk

Grease or more grease! :)

joseph1135, windsmith and RedForeman Thank this.
  5. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    May 2011 was the flood. Took them a year to rebuild and they made an effort to re-open with a nice, new, clean, courteous image to get drivers back there. I wondered how long it would take for it to go back to a craphole. A driver got jacked right at the fuel pump last year in the wee hours.

Seems anymore the staff is comprised of the local sluggish, apathetic people. Too busy checking facebook to give you your fuel receipt.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    All these mega chain truck stops have bad food. Gotta hit the old truck stops for good food. Try bills on 85 in nc. And hood's on 44 in Missouri. Exit 61. That place is great, food like your grandmother made and live music. Good ol blue grass. Just watch your manners, those country boys will put one in your ear and not feel a bit sorry bout it if ya run your mouth to the ladies.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    TruckDuo Thanks this.
  7. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    I stopped there Saturday, nice place, had security guard there lol. I did not eat, planning ahead for an entertainment stop someday.

8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Just don't like TA and ignorant people. I can make sure I never stop at a TA. The ignorant people part is unfortunate because I have to deal with them all day long. Almost no avoiding blatant stupidity in this industry anymore, it seems as if it's a prerequisite for becoming a driver.

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Yes i did...the place wasn't even full ...not even close

10. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    To be honest I'm not surprised. I found parking once at the loves at 11. I was just going to grab a subway and park at the Kentucky scale house but there were open spots so I parked, grabbed a shower and dinner.

All the truck stops around pack in. Go figure.

11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.

The Love's in Tacoma is no walk in the park either.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.