TA shower, dogs allowed???

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by truckthatpassesyouby, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    A service dog is, but not an emotional support animal. A service dog performs a task. Such as guiding the blind, turning on/off lights, opening doors, alerting to door bells, seizures, and dangerous blood sugar. They have been trained to do these task and these animals cost $20k or more. Their training also last over a year. Not every dog selected makes it through the training. You will never see a service dog in a shopping cart, begging for food, being carried, or easily distracted. They usually will ignore another dog barking. Also people with service dogs don't want their dogs petted by strangers, they are working and should be focusing on their handler doing their job. When they are not working they get played with and lots of love. There is no National Register in the US. The people who are quick with paperwork and ID badges are usually fakes. If a handler needs proof of service dog they bring a letter from their Doctor not some quack on the internet. The ADA also recognizes a minature horse that has been train too. NO OTHER ANIMAL

An emotional support dogs can not be denied housing and that is all. These dogs have not gone through rigorous training. It may calm down and relax a person, but it is not a legal service dog. They are not suppose to be allowed in stores, restaurants, movie theaters and such. People go online and fill out a form and pay $35 and up for a "registration" certificate, service vest. A fake Dr's note, and Id tags. These dogs are usually easy to spot. Misbehaving in public, barking or growling at dogs or people, begging for food/attention, smelling everything, looking for attention. Peeing or defecating in inappropriate places. (A real service dog may have an accident, very rare, but their handler has an emergency kit to clean it up and disinfect the area immediately)

I have two service dogs in my family. (Diabetes and Epilepsy) I know the law and get tired of seeing fake service dogs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I have a service dog...

[​IMG]

She's an okay cook, but bacon never seems to make it to the table.

4. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I wish they had a love button!

wore out, not4hire and Jenn72 Thank this.
  5. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.

Jenn,
    You are so right. It has become sickening to see people with support animals for everything think that they have the right to bring all sorts of animals everywhere they go. And then use fake documents too. Enough is enough.

6. Zonie

Zonie Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Like a teenage girl who cannot get on a plane without fifi. Stay home.

Snailexpress, Bean Jr. and starmac Thank this.
  7. UsinfantryMOS11c

UsinfantryMOS11c Bobtail Member

May 6, 2020
    I'm a veteran and bring my dog with me over the road. Why, because I can that's why. Murica! Now mind your own. Besides....half of you cant hit the toilet while you're taking pee and a dump, plus you pee in the shower. As someone else said already the dog is probably cleaner than you. One guy mentioned fleas and ticks, lol, it's a semi truck not the backwoods of Oklahoma. Just because you don't know how to properly care for a pet doesn't mean that everyone else does as well. Now stop being a teenage girl and griping about miniscule things that really don't effect you in the slightest bit, while not being able to go anywhere without being offended by every little thing. Stay Home ;)

FahhhhQ, striker and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  8. Itnotme

Itnotme Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2020
    My dog has separation anxiety and I cant leave him alone in truck for very long. He rolls the windows down, blows the horn, and barks. Maybe the drivers dog is the same way and he's being respectful of other drivers trying to sleep. I know I said that word that very few truck drivers are. Respectful. I understand its all about y'all and 1 reason im out of this ######## industry next year.

FahhhhQ and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  9. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    The same way a 600lb Swift driver does

FahhhhQ and Snailexpress Thank this.
  10. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Actually, the ADA has started to fight back against these fake service dogs and other abuses.

wore out, Bean Jr. and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  11. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I have a 2nd cousin in Ca. who trains and certifies service and therapy dogs, at one time she had the only pit bull in the world certified as a therapy dog and allowed in nursing home and hospitals. He did it for 7 yrs before he went blind, now she has a rottie and 3 chihuahuas that do it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.