TA Truckstop in Jessup MD

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by HardlyWorkingNeverHome, Mar 28, 2008.

1. vavega

vavega Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2009
    maple shade, nj
    does anyone know if the guy with the hot dog cart is still over on oceano near the water tower? he had some pretty good sausage and meatball sandwiches.

easy e! tabernacle? we might be related, you know how in bred the pineys are. :p

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roursler

roursler Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Hey guys and gals!
    I am a life long resident of Jessup but just retired as a teacher and am now a pastor at the closest church to the truck stop, Wesley Chapel, and we want to do something for the truckers. I am sorry to hear how bad it is but not totally shocked. We were planning on coffee and pastries(FREE) a couple times a week if we were given permission by the truck stop. Is this something that would be good or is serving at the I 95 rest area a better idea or something else. Please feel free to contact our church or me for any needs that we may be able to help and worship is at 9 am if you were looking for a good way to start your Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Rick Oursler

4. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Rev. Oursler:

Here is ALREADY a trucking ministry inside the TA Jessup, in the basement across from the Laundry room and on the same side of the hallway as the TV room. They already have Sunday morning services and on Wednesday evenings, I think.

But still call the TA Jessup manager and see what ideas you all can brainstorm with ...

410-799-3835

You may want to contact both Maryland Rest Stops in Laurel off of I 95 and see what ideas they have, too ...

Southbound site (301) 490-2444

Northbound site (301) 490-1333

also ...

Maryland State Highway Administration

Office of the Administrator

1-800-206-0770

SHA Office of Communications / Customer Relations

1-800-323-6742

Another idea, you may wish to contact the Waterloo barracks for the Maryland State Police to see what, if any, efforts your two organizations can work on together in terms of assisting drivers and four wheelers ...

410-799-2101

http://msp.maryland.gov/fob/barrack_details.asp?identifier=50

also ...

Maryland State Police Headquarters
    Office of the Superintendent
    410-653-4200 or 1-800-525-5555

For drivers who want Rev. Oursler's contact information ...

Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church
    7761 Waterloo Road
    Jessup, MD 20794-9793

(410) 799-3494

Home page ...

http://wesleychapelumcjessup.org/templates/System/default.asp?id=43091

Send an e-mail to the church page ...

http://wesleychapelumcjessup.org/templates/System/details.asp?id=43091&PG=contact&RecordType=&pkg=

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  5. roursler

roursler Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Thanks guys! I knew there had been a ministry there and had talked to the pastor a few years ago. We have a partnership with Starbucks and they provide pastries to us and we just wanted to pass them on to the hard working men and women in the area. I will contact the Truck stop and the Rest areas so we can make your job a little easier. Looking forward to being of any assistance we at Wesley Chapel can be. Merry Christmas!

6. bowman316

bowman316 Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    there is also a nice truck stop in perryville, md.
    exit 93 on I-95.

funny thing is that i live 40 miles north of baltimore, and never knew that there was a truck stop at exit 57.

and jessup kinda seems like a #### hole to me. not just the truck stop, the whole area.

but in md one place will be really nice and safe, then the next block will be the worst getto.
    there a no real clear dividing lines.

7. bowman316

bowman316 Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    you missed about 3 pullovers between jessup and the chesapeke house.

the maryland house is a good truck stop, at exit 80.
    they always seem to be packed with trucks. and there is a ta before the chesapeke house

8. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    The security guard seems to be an off duty Howard County cop hired to watch the truck stop. He got out of a cop car and went inside, then I saw that he had a polo shirt on that said "Security" in white block print on the back and had an embroidered badge on the front.

Also, the buffet yesterday (24 May 2011) and a huge pile of ribs (very good) and steaks cooked various ways, also very good.

9. MileHiBud

MileHiBud Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Castle Rock, CO
    Anyone been to this place lately? I have a drop just up the road at Giant. Still bad? Still charge?

10. flatbedder

flatbedder Medium Load Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Illinois
    Still charge if you dont fuel or buy 20 bucks worth of stuff. I dont really care to go inside except to shower, but Ive NEVER been bothered in the parking lot. Doesnt seem to be as horrible as it's made out to be(or used to be)

11. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    That place still there ? What a waste of space

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.