Taking a written test for a solid waste equipment operator career!

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Honey nut, Apr 19, 2014.

1. makeit

makeit Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Central, Fl
    Asl is a great gig to have in the waste ind. I ran an asl for almost three years and loved it. I cant speak fond of the auto cars though every one we had was problematic. as far as lining up with the can it wont take long to learn just remember to look up and behind the cart as you pull towards the pickup. If our roll off fleet ever slows down I wouldn't mind going back into the resi scene again.. good money and less hours. Good luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Honey nut

Honey nut Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Update, okay so I successfully completed a written test, driving skills test, panel interview and just got a call to me the hiring officials! Hope it goes well, thanks for the support!

CondoCruiser Thanks this.
  4. GmanInCali

GmanInCali Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Very cool, good luck!:biggrin_25519:

5. Groo

Groo Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Are you out there living your dream yet?

6. Honey nut

Mar 9, 2014

No not yet i was not selected for the solid waste operator position with the cities public works dept.

oh well atleast they told me no and i tried never know. I did the written, performance test, and two interviews. I am planning i may try to get hired by a private solid waste company get experience then apply again!?

7. Groo

Groo Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2014
  8. bubbavirus

bubbavirus Medium Load Member

too bad, sounds great, fresh air, exercise,

all you can eat

;P

9. Honey nut

Mar 9, 2014
    Update, I had the city call and said if I was still interested and if so I Would need to do another 3rd interview. Given the one week notice I couldn't make that interview. Now I'm kinda at a limbo. Oh well I'll just keep trying at other cities since I finally figured out I want to work for a municipal solid waste/ public works dept.

i hate what I do now, and would want my driving job back, even better if it was for a city.

10. Honey nut

Mar 9, 2014
    This is a miracle in the making, I am doing pre employment hiring things for a city job as a solid waste equipment operator.

I guess if you stay persistent and interested in the position they'll call you back! I dislike my current job so this is a good thing!

so any insight on being an equipment operator?

11. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Best of luck, keep trying, you'll make it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.