Taking a written test for a solid waste equipment operator career!

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Honey nut, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I once read a book on DSNY and the question I think would be similar to like the police officers exam only geared towards garbage collection.

The city you applied to, big city or small city and do the have old equipment or new equipment? Is the equipment they have maybe old but maintained well or is it old and run down. Generally around here in North East, Ohio where I live the whole private garbage contractor thing has kind of come full circle and there's been some push back against it the contractors have started to get expensive and the quality of work has been not there and it's actually gotten a lot worse and because of that we still have a lot of city garbage departments probably 50% of the cities in Cuyahoga County still do there own garbage and most of them really all of the city departments run pretty decent equipment, some automated trucks and some are not, but there all pretty current units. University Heights used to have a hodgepodge of used equipment they bought from other cities, but over the years they have updated and cleaned up there fleet some and most of there equipment is in pretty good shape better then the junk Republic runs around here, everytime I look around one of there trucks is broken down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.