Taking big rig and trailer into Disneyland

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    It's something I've thought about doing the past few years since I've been driving truck. I mean I'm down in socal every week and since I'm not paying for the transportation there I figured it would be a nice diversion for a day.

You come into the parking area via Disneyland Dr S. When you cross Ball Rd stay to the left at the Y then get back over to the far right lane to enter the parking structure. The maximum hght is 13'10". After you pay the whopping $25 parking fee, the attendants may need to move some directional cones to get you through the structure and out to the oversized vehicle open area. Look for "semi trucks" sign and a straight line of cones set out. Park parallel along the cones. If you are driving just the tractor you can pull into one the normal lanes closer to the park trams.

When you go to exit the lot pull forward all the way to the left where the elevated parking structure is. Make a rt then another rt then a sweeping left to exit.

Disneyland is "The Happiest Place on Earth"...as long as you have a valid credit card or pocket full of cash. ;-)

Rocknroller4, DUNE-T, Dinomite and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    When I read the title, I thought you were talking about hauling into Disneyland. That part I've done and it was pretty tight getting in and out, especially with a 53' RGN.
    I didn't realize they had truck parking to go in and play.

D.Tibbitt and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeah, I pull a 48' dry van and had no problems maneuvering through the area after they moved a few cones. The look onthe 4wheelers faces as you are driving through their "space" is interesting though ;).

I was the only big rig and trailer there. I saw a Werner bobtailing and that was it.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2013
    LOL, that's a hoot........gonna have to check that out next time I'm layed over in SoCal.

Hi Honey whats going on.......Oh not much dear cept' "Hey, I'm goin' to Disneyland".......LOL

Naw, I would definitely send for wifey!! I'm not that stupid.........:biggrin_2556:

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I wonder if they have parking in Florida!! That's where I want to go :)

7. Pete Moss

Pete Moss Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Phoenix,Az
    Hey-Can you park the truck cheaper and easier than there for $25?Sounds like a bargain to me then.I used to pay $15-$20 to park bobtailed at baseball games.I figured spending $50 for parking and a ticket was a lot cheaper than having to fly there.I took a 14 foot high load of pipe on a 48 foot flatbed into Dodger Stadium one time.Never did see Disneyland.Take care.Brian

8. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    All of the big parks have oversize vehicle parking. I have annual passes to sea world and always see at least a bobtail parked.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    There's really no place to park around there. Close enough to walk anyways. So, option is pay the parking or park several miles away in an unsecure location and take a cab in and out. I opt for the $25 parking fee ;)

10. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I enjoyed going there for the day, however, probably not something I will do again for some time. Disney World is way better but I don't go back there anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.