Taking the truck home?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Hanadarko, Nov 28, 2009.

1. jacob

jacob Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    For Roehl if you live within 50 miles of a terminal you have to park your truck at the terminal unless you have prior approval from your fleet manager to park it at home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    So if you live way over 50 miles from a terminal, like say a few hundred miles, or a few thousand, you can take the truck home?

4. jons1powerwagon

jons1powerwagon Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    DuQuion Illinois
    wow, they must not need drivers, if you have to leave trk at terminal no exceptions. When I was regional I took trk home
    all the tjme, mind you that was two years ago. Maybe their policy changed, but they sure are limiting their possibilities
    on perspective drivers.

5. kevin roberts

kevin roberts Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2009
    My tractor is currently parked outside my kitchen door. I work national flat, so the truck doesn't have to be available to anybody else. I live 125 miles from the Mogadore yard, and so I take the thing home every time I go off duty.

Parking at the house is more secure for me than elsewhere, but I have arrangements with folks who live in town that let me park on their land if the snow is too deep out where I live.

It also lets me check in over the Qualcomm, so I don't have to use any telephone time.

6. jons1powerwagon

Jun 3, 2009
    DuQuion Illinois
    I had a feeling that recruiter was feeding that guy a line.

7. jons1powerwagon

Jun 3, 2009
    DuQuion Illinois
    Hanadarko how was thanksgiving? Hope all is going well with you
    and your family, I made it home friday nite! cool huh.

8. kevin roberts

kevin roberts Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Something was crossed up, obviously. I went national with Roehl specifically so I could take the truck home, which was how it was presented to me. I don't have multiple (working) vehicles and can't leave the family without a car for weeks at a time while it's parked in a drop yard.

Operations wants to know where the location is, that it is secure, that I have permission to park there, and that I use all the locks. The DSRs probably have some discretion on it, as well.

9. wildbill123

wildbill123 Heavy Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    SE,MI
    I really don't know what to think about it. It was over a year ago when I spoke with her and I can't remember her name. But she was very adamant about it , truck had to stay at terminal. Go figure.

10. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    So what is the TRUTH? :biggrin_2556:

I see a call to Roehl Monday...cause that would make one of my decisions a bit easier. Gee, living 3miles away from a drop yard isnt excessive extra miles to come home and I do have a very safe place too, to keep the tractor. Besides, I like to keep things clean and doing that at home is much easier.

jons1powerwagon:
    Thanksgiving was OK I guess...I am glad you got in a bit earlier. Thats cool.

11. grc56_tn

grc56_tn Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    I take my truck home. there have never been any problems as long as I kee it locked up

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.