Taking the truck home?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Hanadarko, Nov 28, 2009.

1. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Unless policy has changed at Roehl since I left, we live in Missouri. We were allowed to drop our trailer at the local Pilot and bobtail home which is about 4 miles from T/S. Of course we secured the trailer which was empty. We also would at times leave the tractor and trailer at the Pilot and have son come pick us up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GunzFlatbedder

GunzFlatbedder Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Marshfield
    i live 22 miles from a drop yard and take mine home... with authorization, our samll town has a drop yard for OTR drivers, monitored by the police, usually I just leave tractor n trailer there and wife gets me, other times I drop the trailer and bob the couple miles to the house to clean up tractor, your FM has to know since they will preplan you from that location

4. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    With you living so close to the yard we will have you park your truck at the yard.

:biggrin_25520:

5. ROBJ3

ROBJ3 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2020

6. ROBJ3

ROBJ3 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2020
    If you live less than 50 miles from a drop yard or terminal you must park there. If you live more than 50 your last load will be your "Home" load. You must get a signed paper from city or place where you park your truck and/or trailer. You will never be bobtail home so you have to be able to park legally. I put my trailer at the city lot and truck in my driveway. You do not get paid deadhead miles home.

7. Guauso

Guauso Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2021
    How does home time work with Roehl? Do they just drop you off at a terminal near where you live? Do you have to live in the same city as the terminal?

8. Shiba

Shiba Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2021
    I didn't work for Roehl last year so I can't speak on what others have said. I believe it varies from FM to FM. Most prefer that you keep the truck at a terminal or drop yard, but you can keep the truck & trailer anywhere so long as it's safe and legal and in a safe location. Personally, my fleet manager has no problem with me dropping the trailer at a drop yard then bobtailing 50 miles home from there. If you have to keep the truck at a terminal or drop yard, you can keep your personal vehicle parked there for as long as you're OTR. Most locations are gated and have drivers going in & out all the time.

Edit: Here's a list of terminals & drop yard locations if anyone is wondering:

Bensalem, PA
    Conley, GA (Terminal)
    Darlington, SC
    Dayton, OH
    De Forest, WI
    E St Louis, IL
    Gary, IN (Terminal)
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Hinckley, OH
    Houston, TX
    Independence, MO
    Iron Mountain, MI (Terminal)
    Jacksonville, FL
    Marshfield, WI (Terminal)
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Memphis, TN
    Neenah, WI (Terminal)
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Oak Creek, WI
    Ontario, CA
    Owen, WI
    Phoenix, AZ (Terminal)
    Rothschild, WI
    Saint Paul Park, MN
    Springfield, MA
    Vesper, WI

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Reason for edit: Formatting
    Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.