Talbot County, GA deputies behaving badly ...

Discussion in 'Other News' started by HFC, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. rodzilla

rodzilla Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2010
    white mountain lake, az
    There are bad apples in every barrel

3. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    What I found more interesting about that link was the 'white collar' crime stats...

Boy people are making out big time...

White collar crime is silent, and non violent...therefore pretty much goes un noticed, unless your a personal victim of it...

And a lot of this white collar criminals are already in positions where you'd think they'd be content...not....

Many of them are already wealthy...

Expecially in the home morgage industry right now...all sorts of fraud and schemes being commited...

These FBI stats show me, that crime or the criminal element is pervasive throughout all classes of people...the rich and poor alike...

And that many commit crimes not cause of economic need...but rather greed, the need for more, or 'just cause I can, and won't get caught'...and or of course lack of moral compass...

That's why I don't buy into the whole 'minorities are more likely to commit crimes' bs...

Or poor people are more likely to commit crime nonsense also...

I think it should just be phrased, people without moral conviction, are more likely to commit crimes...and those FBI stats proove that...

4. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Exactly right - several billion dollar ponzi schemes uncovered in the past couple years were, of course, ALL committed by wealthy millionaires - Madoff being the biggest.

It is greed driven.

Many "Average Joe's" wonder why the wealthy commit white collar crimes, since they're already rich. You may sit back and say to yourself, "I could live off of a couple of million dollars, easy"; but that's an average middle class worker thinking about sustaining an average middle class existence on that kind of money, which is absolutely doable.

But someone who spends $50K a week in recreational activities needs quite a bit more liquid capital then, say, a trucker. They may need $50 million a year, just to sustain their lifestyle.

People described Madoff as practically hoarding money. He was already incredibly wealthy - but once you get used to that kind of cash flow, people become addicted.

5. ghostchild

Jan 16, 2009
    Speaking of Madoff...I wonder what he's doing at this exact moment inside his federal prison?

[​IMG]

In a strange way though...I bet a lot of pressure has been lifted off
    his back...

At least he's got free health care now....[​IMG]

U4EA Thanks this.
  6. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I recall hearing he tried to commit suicide at on point.

The higher you are, the further you fall........

7. ghostchild

Jan 16, 2009
    Mark my words...I bet you there will come a time in the future, as more prisons are being built...that people will deliberatly do things to go there...to be taken care of for free...

I mean in the future, if things get really bad economically I predict...

1. Those with health issues will deliberatly become incarcerated to get free medical care...

2. Those who are ageing, and didn't or couldn't save up enough money for retirement, and face life in a back alley card board box, will deliberatly get incarcerated for shelter, food, tv, a bed, sink, toilet, and some social life...
    [​IMG]

3. Crime will get so bad in some places...that a protective prison enviornment may be safer than free for all on the streets...

Prisons will one day serve another purpose....
    They will actually become shelters, fortresses, to keep the 'bad' out...

Well...if nothing else it would make a good novel...

[​IMG]

Yes...I can foresee a time coming when Prison structures will actually become fortrusess to keep bad people out...

U4EA Thanks this.
  8. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    As "out there" as this may sound to some - I agree with you 100%.

I've even heard people say in the past, "If I was ever on the brink of poverty and being homeless, I would just rob a bank; if I don't get caught, I have money, if I do - I'll have a free place to stay, food and free medical care".

I honestly don't disagree with the logic.

ghostchild Thanks this.
  9. ghostchild

Jan 16, 2009
    it could get to the point where people actually start doing research on what prison they should go to (and consulting firms could even spring up from this)...

Those who do this, and have no priors, will want to know...

1. Which prison has the least violent offenders

2. Which state has prisoners with least violent offenders, which county within the state..

3. Which prison offers the best medical care
    4. Serves the best food...(people will go on line and research this, cause remember, this will be like their retirement home, they must know this stuff)

They'll do intense research, before deciding where to commit what crime and get incarcerated in the most luxuries prison they can...

They'll drive or fly a 1000 miles or more, just to commit a crime in some obscure county in South Dakota, where the prison accomidations may be better than some hotels...

[​IMG]

Actually, after doing some research...I see the trend of 'luxury prisons' is actually catching on over seas...wow...this is a prison...wow....

It will catch on here soon...and can already see the corruption ring...

People garunteed certain accomidations, if they commit certain crimes to keep private prisons funded by state...

Oh, this coould turn messy, as people start fighting to get locked up...

Good thing about writing it here, is no one will steal the idea before it's time...

If I took this to the other forum I'm apart of...boards would be lit up, and some millionare would probably have stole the idea by now...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    U4EA Thanks this.
  10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Add who haven't been caught yet. And I would believe it.

U4EA Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.