Tale of the 7/7 (2012)

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by 1026, Dec 23, 2011.

1. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    Well I got a call earlier giving me my 1st dispatch. This is actually my second call. I got one yesterday telling me to pickup my truck at 7am on Tuesday in Ellenwood. Thankfully this call contradicts the 1st one....little more sleep :)

Live load Tuesday at 11 am at Sandcreek for a 5am Wednesday delivery in Florida. Pretty sweet out the gate with a decent run. Hopefully they turn me right out Wed going north into Wis or Minnesota.

Anybody know what kind of freight is coming out of Florida for Roehl?

Hottub Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kroozn20

Kroozn20 Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Birmingham, AL
    Last load I did out of FLorida was some soda and I know paper comes out of there too. That would be my best guess.

4. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    When you say lift 30 and 50 lbs, how high? Waist height or over your head? Is this for prospective flatbedders, or for van drivers too?

5. notezbngrn71

notezbngrn71 Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    Everyone takes the same physical. And its to torso height.

1nonly and alex94 Thank this.
  6. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    Didn't think I'd be posting from my Blackberry, but I am at awe to what has happened on my 1st trip. For starters I received 2 different calls instructing me this load before I launched. After receiving the second one the only thing that appeared different was the truck number. So I questioned the load info just to confirm. The delivery time was different. On this call I then said due to the "10" hour rule, I could not make delivery. All is good keep moving forward with this dispatch. Fast forward to launch day & my FM is not in. Now I'm discussing the load with a 3rd person. Go to get loaded & during this time I talk to a 4th person concerning, now detention and ETD. Keep moving forward I'm told. I finally get loaded and run 63 mph a little better than 200 miles for an assigned 50 gal fuel stop. I needed this fuel so I had to, but I put on 75 gal because I still had 275 miles to my drop and the wanted me to stop again in Fl top top off with fuel. That's why I put the 75 on so I could roll without stopping to consignee. I arrive & find parking on the side of the road about 2 miles from delivery. Well at 8 am I get a call from ANOTHER person telling me I'm late. After 5 minutes or so of this BS we ended the call. I got a message I'd have to sit on this load until 2am Friday! I replied if I have to sit consider this my 2 week notice as I didn't come to Roehl to babysit loads 500 miles from home for peanuts. Get me making money or I am finished. Now waiting 50 miles away at a TS where I could find parking and basic services.

FreightlinerGuy Thanks this.
  7. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    1nonly Thanks this.
  8. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    Thanks for the link, last rebel. That would be really easy. Most of them are, but after failing miserably at Crete's pre work screen, I learned to check first!

9. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    How was it you failed theres?

10. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    50lbs over my head 3 times. I only managed it twice. Just couldn't get it the third time. :biggrin_25513:

11. streetmaster

streetmaster Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    You say that they measure the neck, Whats the formula say for neck size that would say i'd need a sleep study?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.