Tale of the 7/7 (2012)

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by 1026, Dec 23, 2011.

1. notezbngrn71

notezbngrn71 Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    I have always received direct deposit and its never been available until Thursday. Not sure why you'd be receiving on Wednesday unless your bank was advancing the deposit in your account early.

From the DRG:

"the funds are sent to the Federal Reserve on Wednesday and will post to your account(s) on Thursday or Friday depending when your financial institution posts the funds. Or your payroll will be assigned to your Roehl Fuel Network card each Wednesday."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Medium Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    NW PA
    I'm just going by what we were told..pay for miles driven only, minus 18% to cover taxes and put on your comdata card. We've always had direct deposit and our pay has never been in our account before midnight on Wednesday.

Wrong info again...Looks like for those of us that have direct deposit, it will be going into the bank as usual.

If I had to guess, so they could cut back on the amount of calls they would get when nobody got their email and there was nothing on the employee webpage.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  4. RCA1802

RCA1802 Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NJ
    The power coming on at the same time as the generator "kicking in" shouldn't affect the servers at all.

IF they have a REAL data center - the servers wouldn't be fed directly by line voltage - they would receive conditioned power from an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and wouldn't be subject to surges in power. As for contention between the power company and the generator - permanently installed generators SHOULD have something called an automatic transfer switch which prevents power being supplied by BOTH the utility and the generator.

Problem is - the highest end generator is only as good as the transfer switch that is installed. Cheap ones fail - all the time, but those failures usually result in NO generator power - not a contention issue between the utility and the generator.

5. pmoake

pmoake Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2011
    hixton, wi
    i have been there 9 months and my actual deposit has never gotten to my bank in wisconsin before thursday morning either.
    the paper paycheck comes by email about 7.30-8pm tuesday and is on teamroehl before that, but the actual deposit never comes until thursday for me.

6. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    OK the pay was cleared up. I received conflicting information concerning my settlement email & my actual pay. The email did not reflect the numbers I keep personally. Instead of blowing up I decided to wait & sleep on it & see what really hit my account. What was deposited into my account reflected my personal accounting. I don't understand why my settlement email is whack...but I received my money & that's why I work.

The only other issue I have is my insurance. It was supposed to kick in on February 1st. I hadn't received anything in the mail like I was told upon hire. I called about the 20th of January & was told to expect it within a week or two.

I called them last Tuesday and they were surprised I haven't gotten it yet....

I'm home now so if it doesn't come in the mail today I will call them a third time...and will every day now until I receive it. I have a fax at home, so I will suggest fax or overnight. I'll keep you followers posted on this Roehl snafu.

As for the numbers I ran 2,962 miles this week. Still hoping to consistently break 3,000. But the mileage is good.

alex94 Thanks this.
  7. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    I called and was given the number to call in setting up health insurance. I got payroll to email me over the summary of benefits.

I got in touch with the insurance vendor and got set up for the family and I. Insurance kicks in March 1st. Any luck by barring repeating historical procedural inaction's...I'll get the cards before then :)

alex94 and The Challenger Thank this.
  8. beckysrobbie

beckysrobbie Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2007
    wisconsin rapids, wi
    Any Curtainside drivers ready to claim Northumberland as your home zipcode?

9. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    Terrible week. Treated like dog squeeze....again. 1689 miles for the week.

Asked to take a "sold" truck up to Marshfield from Ellenwood. Not a problem. The problem began that it took a week to get me there in a truck that had no APU or would idle....and they kept me up in 19-29 degree night weather.

They NEVER answered my q-com message the two different nights I sent and documented my concerns. When I finally get to Marshfield, the truck I'm assigned has a long list of shop work needed to be done....a full day & night.

When I confronted my FM that it shouldn't cost me money to deliver their truck, (1600 miles 7 days). Keeping me out in the freezing cold and with a week not having my truck ready to get me out making money....She say's to me, "you just want to take the bus home from there?" I told her "send me the message I'm fired!"

She had a impossible time accepting me voicing my concerns and tried to turn it into I had an attitude....This conversation we had at a normal tone, no foul language or raised tone....well hers did a little.

I get this new old truck that begins to sputter and miss between 35-55 mph and luckily made it back to Atl...to go in the shop.

I used today to fill out applications. Tomorrow after church I'll put out more.

I should note that you are automatically signed into the 401K. I had said at orientation this was nothing I wanted. Was advised then I'd have the opportunity to elect to opt out...not true.

So once the system begins to deduct, you call an outside company that manages the fund to "opt out." It takes up to a month to STOP the deductions. THEY DO NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY. Was advised this is the way Roehl "legally" set this plan up, they only manage the funds. I would have to discuss the refund with Roehl.

Talking with Payroll I was told this was outlined in the benefits package that I received...that I never received. Notice my previous post, payroll emailed me the insurance information only as I didn't know to expect anything else. This was a mute point to bring up & remind them of this....because I'm am dog squeeze from the multiple levels in Roehl I've experience since starting.

Thank goodness those guys that wash the trucks in Marshfield will talk honestly & treat you like a worthy human being.

This is by far the worst company I've ever experienced. Surely the founders never envisioned what I'm experiencing. This company has grown to the size now where it a percentage game now...manipulate the numbers into the direction you need them to fit the projected bottom line. Personalization is lost in the translation. Everything is now a statistic.

Let me add one more...somebody mentioned they thought Marshfield was more like a "nice hotel"....NOT any hotel I'd stay in. It's a #### hole....just laid out to look like there was actually a thought process. NOTHING fancy or comforting about it.

...Man do I miss Mike Starnes and the way he ran a trucking company!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  10. notezbngrn71

notezbngrn71 Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experience. However, I would suggest you speak to your FM's boss, the Fleet Operations Manager about all this stuff before you make a hasty decision to cut and run. From everything you posted, it sounds like you have a very poor Fleet Manager and the company needs to get rid of them.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Medium Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    NW PA
    I second this...and add that if you can't get to the FOM through your FM, then call the regular 1-800 number (not the driverline) and ask for him/her that way.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.