Tanker Driver Killed On I-22-Walker County,AL

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Went down in a hail storm of fire,,,I swear, mjd sure is busy over there in the "related" categories,,darn near every post. What does this tell us, folks? mjd enjoys actually posting these atrocities? Nah, merely the piano player, thing is, this stuff went on all the time anyway, its just everyone didn't come to our kitchen table. It pains everyone of us to hear these stories, or it should, that could've been be us. Imagine how the family feels. Every wreck I passed, made my head hurt. Obviously mjd isn't a morose person,and posts these as an informational thing, THIS is what can happen. I can sit at my kitchen table, and turn on Wheel of Fortune( not that I would), but make no mistake, we've all put in time in freezing fog, or at "closing time" and somehow made it. Divine intervention? Maybe, but where was this drivers "messiah"? All I'm saying, is please be careful out there, eh?

Flat Earth Trucker and cuzzin it Thank this.
  3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    The whole point of me posting this (and I’m not the only one that posts such incidents/accidents) is that we learn from it.

In our line of work sometimes the smallest of things can cause the biggest of problems. And Murphy’s Law more than applies in our case.

Dna Mach, 201, Bud A. and 2 others Thank this.
  4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I understand that, I do, but has it helped? These bozos are still running into each other, I don't know, pal, seems like you are preaching to the choir. There's nothing I can learn from your posts, but it's why I like NASCAR racing, for the crashes. Karma is a #####, and I hope we never see you in one of those posts. Please, be careful out there.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2024
    MACK E-6 and cuzzin it Thank this.
  5. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    But Nascar isnt real as far as mirroring. But trucks stuck on train tracks ? Thats real we cross train tracks, and sometimes we stop to think and forget to start again. So its real when you watch someone do both

201 Thanks this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I’ve lost count on how many close calls I’ve had. As well as three accidents I was involved in (all of which were non preventable as far as my company was concerned-1 of those involved a yard jockey who hit my truck while it was parked). Like I said,in our line of work Murphy’s Law applies. This could happen to anyone of us,no matter how many precautions we take. I’m well aware of that the minute I get behind the wheel of the truck.
    And if you think you won’t learn anything from my posts,then just don’t read it.

Flat Earth Trucker, 201 and Bud A. Thank this.
  7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    But, but, but, it's like trying not to look at a welder, or up a gals dress, :eek:,,I just have to. We've all had close calls, the "miss is as good as a mile" prevails, and honestly, it added an element of excitement to an otherwise boring job. Reason I say I won't learn anything, is it doesn't apply here at my kitchen table. I think we've all hailed old Murphy, and should be the 1st thing taught. Hang in there, pal, and post on!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.