Tanker job with no experience?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by GamecockBill, Jul 19, 2019.

1. ATinyTurtle

ATinyTurtle Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2020
    I know this is an old thread, but I figured it would be better to post in this one than create a new thread. I am currently a flatbed driver with almost 3 months of experience, and I am just waiting for my background check to come through so I can have my hazmat endorsement put on my license. Then I will have all endorsements. Does anyone know of any local tanker jobs that hire in Shreveport, LA or Dallas, TX? I am currently in Shreveport, but will be moving to Dallas sometime in the near future, so I would be willing to relocate sooner if I found a good local job there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Creating a new thread is better than resurrecting old threads. We have several people who really are awesome at taking care of you and others really quickly here.

I normally do not respond to resurrected threads but in this case I strongly encourage you to take the trouble to open a new thread.

ATinyTurtle Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Quality Carriers and Groendyke in Ft Worth. Schwerman (Tankstar) in S Dallas, maybe Wilmer and CC Cobb down in Waxahachie.

ATinyTurtle and Orange713 Thank this.
  6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Try looking for pneumatic tanker openings, likely won't require hazmat. They pay less but often hire new drivers, offer training and hose handling skill building, are local, and you can put tanker experience on your resume when you get ready to move up.

ATinyTurtle and Just passing by Thank this.
  7. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Too late to edit, one way to find out who the pneumatic companies are is to hang out near the entrance to mix plants and see who serves them. Some companies, like Robertson's in California, have employment phone numbers on their trailers.

ATinyTurtle Thanks this.
  8. Sanantonian

Sanantonian Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2023
    @Chinatown ive read a lot of your comments on multiple posts and let me say you are the man!

im in need of help. I want to drive a tanker in San Antonio Tx but have no experience in any driving. Have X and T endorsement. I’m also 21 (saying these because some companies have age requirements like coastal transport).

I just wanna drive a liquid tanker. Oilfield nearby, water hauling, anything I’ll take it.

I’ve been looking and looking and haven’t really found anything. Gemini isn’t hiring here atm.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Western Dairy Transport will take you now -- at you current age:

Western Dairy Transport

This will be food-grade tanker duty.

They normally take new drivers with zero prev experience.

-- L

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Foodliner sometimes hires drivers right out of certain CDL schools. Most ads have 12 mos or 6 mos experience, but do hire new cdl school grads from approved schools.
    Veterans are welcome to apply.
    Foodliner (liquid & dry bulk)
    $80,000 - $100,000 a year
    Foodliner | Bulk Food Transportation | Liquid and Dry Bulk
    [​IMG]
    Texas
    Channelview, Dallas, Fort Worth, Galena Park, Grand Prairie, Houston, Laredo, McAllen, Saginaw

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  • Truckers Report Jobs