Tanker jobs in chicago for recent grad

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 1mrcloudy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. 900,000-tons-of-steel

900,000-tons-of-steel Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Florida
    Indian River now wants a year experience and Oakley now wants three years experience. I contacted them when I was coming out of the gate.

SHC Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1mrcloudy

1mrcloudy Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Chicago, Illinois
    Thanks for the feedback guys I will definetly update my resume tomorrow and start driving to these companies this monday. And yeah I guess ur right come to think of it. I wouldnt want my wife to come with me if I was hauling chemicals. ... Um hey stupid question but what considered proper attire when job hunting for trucking jobs. I mean do I have to wear a suit and I tie???

4. indycolts

indycolts Bobtail Member

May 9, 2012
    NWI

Nice pants and polo or tucked in button up. Anything but sweatpants and velcro shoes... and leave the driving gloves in the car.

5. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bynum,wants 2 yrs exp. Indian river wants 2 yrs exp oakley is now taking newbies again..lots pf oils,in the winter...gd luck...lots of flatbed companys out of chicago..new guy getting a tanker job..its really tuff...i hv a yr plus..flatbed,now van..hv my tanker endorsement plus a few others ..i also hv some strong ties to bynum transport..and no tanker company would touch me with out 2 yrs exp..like i daid oakley has started takeing new guys again...but i am very familiar with all that oil and i want no part of that...gd luck..

6. 900,000-tons-of-steel

900,000-tons-of-steel Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Florida
    I'm curious. What didn't you like about tanker? Is it because it was food grade stuff or what?

7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    A lot of getting on with chemical tanker companies is timing. Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb are slow freight times. Almost all will look to add drivers in the spring.

8. rcpilot

rcpilot Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Citrus Heights, CA
    I got lucky and started as a newbie with Jim Aartman back in 2006, they eventually got bought out by Ruan, and Ruan ruined them! LOL It's been almost 2 years since I have driven, went back to college, and am going back out in December, unfortunately my choices of carriers are slim at best and almost all big co's, however Oakley is willing to bring me on, so I may suck it up and drive for them for a while to the recent experience/miles under me.... I know they suck, but most all co's do now days.... I enjoy the tankers and given a choice I will take them any day over dry/refer... LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.