Tanker to ready mix

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Fold_Moiler, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Redram Jay

Redram Jay Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2019

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    One year anniversary.

Job is going good, I transferred to a different plant. A suburb of Minneapolis instead of downtown.

It’s half the commute and we are just as busy as the mpls plant. A lot more windshield time now.

We’re hiring if anyone in the metro area wants a job hit me up.

4. Redram Jay

Apr 21, 2019
    What kind of truck are you running in?

5. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Kw w900 or t800

They haul between 10-12 yards. We got these stupid long ones for road restrictions in the spring with 7 axles. They ride nice though.

6. Redram Jay

Apr 21, 2019
    7 axles huh? thats a lot bigger than the ones out here in California. Im not in a ready mix truck though im in an end dump bringing sand and hauling the washout out of the yard.

Fold_Moiler Thanks this.
  7. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Yeah, we’re the only company that runs them here I think.

Nice, that’s not a bad job seems pretty chill.

Today I watched someone huff a can of dust off then hop in their car and casually crash through a fence and almost crash into a wall we were pouring.

8F75E395-4622-450A-BBBB-1C8E457D1149.jpeg

8. Redram Jay

Apr 21, 2019
    hahah that dust off will get ya ! "just gonna hit this real quick then slowly crash through this here fence" haha
    Guarantee those cops gradually locked his ### up haha

Fold_Moiler Thanks this.
  9. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    There was two of them actually. His gf was driving and they both got locked up.

10. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Well, done with readymix on the 20th lol.

Going to a paving company, better pay and winters off and they are willing to train on equipment.

I’ve been trying to get in the operators union forever. Now once I’m vested in the teamsters (NOT central states pension, mine is good) I’ll be switching to the operators union.

This was my first job with a huge company and the work was good but the company sucked. They are getting cameras and I’m not sticking around for that and they just don’t treat drivers well.

Now I’ll be working for a mom n pop paving company dump trucking and running a skid steer to start, then they’ll slowly train me in on everything else. Super nice family, they are well known around here to be awesome to work for.

Should be pretty sweet, the owner is really cool and seems excited to have a younger guy in there trying to get on some big iron.

Trucks are old Petes and new western stars. I’ll be in a quad axle Pete.

REO6205 and motocross25 Thank this.
  11. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Good for you man good luck! And winters off?! Aren’t you in Minnesota? So that’s like what, 8 months you won’t be working? :biggrin_2559:

Fold_Moiler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.