Tankers the Schneider way

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Tardis, Dec 8, 2011.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Gout usually hits you in the joints. Its little crystals of Uric acid that are sharp and cause swelling. Very painful. I used to get it pretty bad a few years ago. The medication worked great though and would knock it out quickly. It had some unfortunate side affects for a truck driver..diarrhea. Fortunately I haven't had a flare up in over 5 years.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

Are you sure it's gout... I say this because I was misdiagnosed with gout. Turns out my ankles and arches are worn..... Custom orthotics in my shoes.... And losing 80 lbs. Less weight to carry around . LoL.

now back to your roadie tanker talk!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  4. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    No, I am not sure. In fact I am pretty doubtful. It hurts on the side of my foot, outside. Right behind my little toe.

5. Wanderingaimlessly

Wanderingaimlessly Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Los Angeles, Ca
    I had a hairline fracture that killed me for years in that exact same spot.

6. WARPIG

WARPIG Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Alabama
    I am Hauling Bulk for Schneider I really enjoy it Just got back from Canada this week good thing about bulk is you get to pick your days off and I do get home when I put my time in the Long sleeves and PPE is a must with some of the chemicals we haul .Better to be a little hot them eat up by a chemical.

as stated Some of the places we go into will require you wear Long sleeves and hardhat .I have learn a trick if your work order tells you to wear your PPE look at what the guys at the plant are wearing and follow their lead

7. Excorcist1

Excorcist1 Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Chestertown, MD
    It's the BOOTS. No kidding. By my 2nd trip from NJ to Houston I realized it and went to Walmart and got a cheap pair of sneakers to wear while driving. My feet and my knees stop hurting.

8. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Pass on the cheap sneakers and get a good pair of running shoes. I am usually not far away from a plant before the steal toes are replaced with running shoes and this time of year a pair of shorts. We aren't required to wear long sleeves and PPE for driving or pre/post trip inspections though. Only requirement is the company provided shirt and whatever a plant requires. We also don't have hose racks since they stay with the trailer so no dragging around hoses loaded with product at the tank wash.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  9. BlueSparrow

BlueSparrow Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2013
    whenever I'm at the OC and have to wear my boots, I wake up with charlie horses in my legs and my feet get sore and I start walking like a cripple. Away from the OC wearing my regular shoes (with prescription orthotics), no pain and no waking up with leg cramps.

10. Excorcist1

Excorcist1 Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Chestertown, MD
    Well I did end up getting a lite pair of boots with the zipper on the side and some gel pads. Best thing I could ever done.

11. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Been waiting a year for this. Saw the Google camera car last summer when I was at Carry going to WY. Put this in google maps: 39.658182,-91.785441 and then drag the street view guy to the arrow and turn to the West bound side and you'll see my old Carry truck and pneumatic tank.

TruckingTR1 and superpet39 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.