Tattoo and piercing?

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Flattie C, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    I want to get a big tattoo on my neck of a Tractor Trailer and then below it put " Live to Drive"

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flattie C

Flattie C Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Richmond
    Thats gonna be a sick tattoo!!

4. TexasMike

TexasMike "Big Tex"

Jan 28, 2008
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    As long as you do not have them in while in orientation, hands on training and on job sites you should be fine.

And yes, as long as not offensive you'll be good to go, our lead trainer has sleeve tattoos so I can't see them complaining.

5. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I raised 5 boys, when they where in jr. High, 2 of them ask what I thought about piercings, since I'm old school, I said to them, unless your gonna where a skirt/dress, there better be no piercings in your body, and if I see any piercings on you, I will personally rip them off regardless where there at. When they asked about tatts, I said long as you don't get carried away, it's all good.

firemedic2816 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    If one is a good worker, tattoos should be the least one's worries. As for snitches, that is a horrible part of any job that one has or goes to.

I myself have no tattoos, piercings, and do not wear any jewelry at all, including watches and rings. I am allergic to inks, metals, and dyes, that go inside of my skin. I also cannot wear jewelry due to metal staying on my skin for long periods of time.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  7. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/theres-reason-gang-members-cover-231612019.html;_ylt=A0LEV2ECC0RXE4sAMS5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyZ281MDdsBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM4BHZ0aWQDQjE4NzlfMQRzZWMDc3I-
    There's a reason some gang members cover their bodies in tattoos, and it makes perfect business sense
    [​IMG]
    By Christopher Woody April 11, 2016 7:16 PM

Gangs like the Mara Salvatrucha have spread their influence all over the Western Hemisphere, and one of the clearest signs that you're dealing with a member is the garish tattoos that often adorn their bodies.

The designs of those tattoos are often different, specified by the individual and their gang, but there's an underlying reason for why they get them, and it makes perfect business sense.

"There's a weird economic reason for these tattoos: It makes these employees much easier for the cartel or the gang to keep hold of," Tom Wainwright, author of "Narconomics" and former Economist reporter in Mexico City told Business Insider.

"If you picture one of these gangs in El Salvador, where many of the members have tattoos, literally from head to toe, it's much much harder for those employees to go and find a job somewhere else," Wainwright added.

The Mara Salvatrucha, also known as MS-13, is most closely associated with the head-to-toe tattoos.

Prisons in El Salvador and Honduras, where MS-13 is based, are full of current and former gang members coated with ink identifying their loyalties, whether they be to MS-13 or another Central American gang like Barrio 18, which is regarded as one of MS-13's main rivals.

But for MS-13 and other gangs, where proof of loyalty is vital, tattoos aren't going anywhere.

"It's something that's strongly encouraged," Wainwright said. "And I think if you want to join a gang like the Mara Salvatrucha in El Salvador, you can't join unless you get the tattoos."

NOW WATCH: The weird economic reason drug cartel members get head-to-toe tattoos

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    When I was in the Navy many Boatswains Mates got the barber pole tattoo.
    Some more adventuresome ones got the peppermint stick tattoo.

9. 57104 - Ya Heard!

57104 - Ya Heard! Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Sweet, now we're gang bangers. How cool is that?

10. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    So many Navy jokes from that.....LOL

11. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I've never understood the whole fishing tackle in the face thing

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.