Tattoos, beard, clothing guidelines?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Livethelife, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Just wear long sleeve shirts at orientation, then wife beaters once you're rolling. The goatee thing that looks like pubic hair is kinda nasty, especially the pizza guy making my pizza last week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Turtle08

Turtle08 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Illinois
    I just got hired on with werner two weeks ago. No dress code. I have a goatee. Being on the Midwest regional doesn't mean a thing. Since I have started have ran the east coast. If you are going to Indy as your home base, when you are done with your trainer, your truck will be junk. Indy terminal is where they drop off the junk trucks. My truck has no ac as of yesterday. Hopefully you'll luck out. Good luck

4. Nascar_Bobby

Nascar_Bobby Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Lima, OH
    As a newbie with Werner, I went to orientation at Springfield, OH, tested out at Indy and recovered my truck in Missouri. I strongly believe the truck you get is the next truck available any where. The home base to me is your home address and not a terminal.

As for the AC, use Macro 24 and get it fixed. If you do it a a TA (or Petro), it may get done faster than at a terminal.

5. Larz

Larz Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I went through orientation on Monday-Tuesday. But due to my old driving job not verifying my experience, I am at home. Just got Werner the paperwork they need, now on Tuesday it goes back to the review board. Keep your fingers crossed!
    I have a goatee and it was not a problem. I also have a few tats, nothing was said, though they are not offensive.

I was told by the instructor that the truck we get will be the one that is available where we finish training and might not be where we started from.

They actually sent a few guys from Phoenix to Denver to hook up with trainers as I guess not enough were heading to Phoenix.

Good luck.

Read the chapters in the book they give you, it will make the test easier on the following day.

Take care, Larz

6. Jacob6875

Jacob6875 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    There is no dress code for werner drivers. As for the truck you will get. Basically you will get anything in the yard that is not a brand new truck so hope you are lucky.

7. Spacebat

Spacebat Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    My trainer had lots of ink on both biceps, both hands, one calf, around the neck, and a stud in the lower lip.

Apparently, management had no problem with her. :biggrin_255:

8. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    The only thing they really care about is that you have a pulse:biggrin_2559:. Tats should not matter at all. Facial hair is not a problem either. The truck you will get will probably be a recovery somewhere. they will pay for the rental car to get you to the truck.

9. Croosbronx Expressway

Croosbronx Expressway Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Bronx, NY
    I gotta agre with the tatoos. I doubt werner has a problem with this. If you feel like it can cause a problem were a long sleeve shirt if you can.

10. zwire315

zwire315 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey all. Werner is casual. Dress for the weather. I do recommend a nice pair of sketchers over heavy hiking boots.. your feet are gonna stink! lol.

Dont expect a new truck after training. They want to see how you do by yourself at first so you'll get something with a couple hundred thousand on it.. do a good job for them and you'll be sitting pretty in a brand new sled before you know it.

Good luck, and go into it w/ an open mind. Drive safe.

11. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    You dont neccessarily get a truck from your home base. or even where you process out. I was hired in indy 2 months ago (never went to the indyh terminal until last week though..i totally know what you mean!). I live in Michigan on I-94 close to the indiana border, so thats the absolute closest terminal to me. I processed out in Omaha after training on southeast. LOL.

Since I live right by chicago, I end up there a lot which sucks. Nothing worse than being on i80 in rush hour on your way home. But on midwest, i have been as far as florida!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.