Taxes: Can I do better with my own rig?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by feldsforever, Jan 5, 2020.

1. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    X1Heavy,
    You got me thinking my training company charged either buy the pound or the footage of space used. I can't remember which. Is this common? Does it break out to about the same. We hauled either furniture or tee shirts to tx. Nm. As. And cali. And always brought back produce. I don't miss waiting 18 hrs for one pallet from Mexico.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    How come you didnt answer my question?

4. feldsforever

Nov 22, 2019
    I would seriously be a broke broker. All the time and loss from home. I would pay the drivers big time. I don't know how much they make. But its gotta be pretty good for the way they run their mouths. Can't stand a snot nosed broker/agent. My boss has gotten better with taking over communication with some of them for me. I have cussed a couple out. Hung up on a couple. Straight lied to one. He was talking you need to be thier now.
    ( appointment was hours away) i said sir
    Can you hear the truck running. He said no. I said yeah I think I just blew the tranny. Let me call the boss then ill call you back. Didn't hear from all the way to Ohio from Iowa. What do agents make?
    Does anyone know?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Agents make enough to stand on my cell phone as if they are the Imperial Sir knighted BS lord high muck a muck with us grubby drivers.

I pull the battery on them nervous high bred nellies. Gets some peace and quiet. Its safer that way. They were children in the back are we there yet are we there yet where are you etc.

Half tempted to be a broker myself. Ambition 320,000 ayear.

feldsforever Thanks this.
  6. feldsforever

Nov 22, 2019
    I enjoyed and reread these responses several times. I do make good money. But the wife is sick with the flue. And I'm three weeks from the house.
    All she wants is just to see me. But she got sick two days after I left. Feeling like a dick. And wishing I had the control to baby her as she does me when im sick.
    Safe travels every one good night

PE_T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.