TEAM married no CDL in Nevada

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Nachos89149, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Get hazmat endorsement; the pay is a little better with that endorsement. Nothing to worry about, hazmat can be something like paint, fingernail polish, car batteries. Specialty companies haul the real super bad stuff.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Keep Schneider in mind though. Try the others also, and use Schneider as a backup plan. Not a bad outfit for husband/wife teams getting the new career started.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Be prepared for a hair follicle or urine drug test. I don't know which test the companies we listed give to new drivers.
    Weed is legal here in Las Vegas.
    By chance, are you coming from New Mexico?

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Make sure you get EVERY endorsement. They never expire, they are cheap. The tests are available free online. I use TruckerCountry.com and TTR also has some of the endorsement tests online. Make sure to get the Tanker endorsement, even if you never ever want to pull a liquid trailer. Tanker endorsement is required to haul certain other freight inside any of the other types of trailers. It's one of the easiest of all of the endorsement test to pass.

6. Nachos89149

Nachos89149 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2022

We are coming from California we are ready for the drug tests and backround all should come back clean.

What do you think about the south west trucking school in Vegas? I was thinking of going with them.

I sent over my info to covenant I hope they email me back info on the schools they work with

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Southwest has a good reputation and is popular here.

8. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Just curious, why’d you sell the food truck? I heard they make good money

9. Nachos89149

Jun 24, 2022
    The food truck did fine we would each take home $1,000 flat each week working 6 days a week. But we got burned out being at the same location day after day. We want to try something new. Also it does not help that aparments in California are currently at $2,800 we were priced out and had to relocate to las vegas where our aparment is currently 1,300.

10. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Wasn’t it CRST that had the 3rd bed in the truck to train two people at a time? While there’s nothing about it that wouldn’t suck… it might keep you together.

11. Nachos89149

Jun 24, 2022
    We don't mind being split up for training. Important part for us is the pay. Schneider offered .60cpm. And I am currently having trouble getting information from Covenant. They just instantly transferred the phone to a CDL school and told me to sign up. I didn't get a chance to ask for info. Or if they have a school closer to us in vegas.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.