Team starting out with US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by NoCoCraig, Dec 27, 2010.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Getting the hours now, I need to get 150 hours driving under my belt to finish training and I am at 46 hours right now. Will hit 1/3 of the way there tomorrow. Ran from Denver to Duncan OK and back to Denver since Friday afternoon. We have deliveries to four stores tomorrow and then I will get a day and a half off before we head to Duncan again and then on to Houston. Still no trainer for Anne so it looks like I will be running solo for a week or two until she finishes with training. I am really enjoying the job and Mike is great to work with. Met a USX team this afternoon in Kansas at a truck stop and they said they are averaging about 5000 miles a week. That sounds like a good plan. Missing my wife so i hope she gets a trainer soon because I will not be able to see her until she finishes. Working 13 to 14 hours a day sure makes sleeping easy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    OK, Monday was brutal. I think I am right at 50 hours (need to check my log book) so that puts me at 1/3 of the way through training.It was all city diving and backing on Colfax, Wadsworth and other fun streets through out Denver. We had 4 stops, 2500 pieces, starting at 6 AM. We had just finished loading 734 boxes into our third stop, got in the truck and grabbed the packet to put store #4 in the GPS..........THAT is when we figured out we had just delivered to the wrong store. We did not notice, the manager of the store did not notice and the two employees putting the boxes away did not notice the wrong store number on every box! We had to re-load everything and then deliver to what should have been our third stop and then come back to the actual 4th stop and deliver their load. So the 2500 pieces became almost 4000. Supposed to have been done about 3:00 PM and I got home at 8:00 PM. Very tired and beat up.

Just to prove that everything evens out eventually. It looks like Anne has a trainer and will be picked up in Atlanta later this week. Meanwhile, back on the home front. My trainer lost his wallet last week (it is a crazy story).....ANYWAY...he went in to the DMV on Tuesday with his birth certificate and was told that since he had been licensed in Colorado for less than a year he needed a release from Missouri to prove his identity. He called Missouri and they faxed him the release, he took it into the DMV and they told him it had to be signed and notarized. The only problem is that he needs photo ID to get it notarized. "No Problem" says the DMV, they will give him an Photo ID card that he can take to the notary to bring back the form so that they will know who he is and can give him a replacement license. Only a government employee could possibly think this makes any sense. So we are waiting until next week for Mike to get his ID card and then his license. By the time this is done, Anne should have caught up with me in training. I am home for a week.

I really do like this company. I expect this is just trucking.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  4. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    I am so happy for you and Anne. It's good to hear that she will be getting out on the road this week.

5. T.Bear

T.Bear Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Thanks Anna I sure hope I get out this week. They found me a trainer out of OK and just waiting for him to get a load heading my way. I am grateful they are trying to bring him this way, I was not looking forward to a 20+ hour greyhound ride. Excited to get started!! Hope you are doing great!!

6. SimTrucker

SimTrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Texas
    Wow T.Bear... I guess I should count myself lucky... my bus ride to Dallas for orientation is only 6 hours. It's been 20 years since I was on a greyhound, and an 18 hour trip at that, right next to the bathroom which smelled worse than..... Anyway good luck! You all be safe. Craig, good to hear things are going well for you and Anne.

7. T.Bear

T.Bear Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Definitely count yourself lucky. In one week I took TWO 20+ hour greyhound trips. Makes me kind of laugh now. But looks like I did the right thing. I now have a trainer and just waiting for him to be sent through Atlanta. As of Sunday I will be staying in a hotel so I am hoping that means he will be here shortly, but as I am learning. Don't assume anything and just roll with it. Really excited to get started!!!

8. SimTrucker

SimTrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Texas
    Hopefully you'll be rolling soon. The waiting is the hardest part. Good luck and be safe!

9. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    OK, it is about time. Anne's trainer is on his way to Atlanta and will pick her up tomorrow. USX has put her up in a hotel (that is in a not too nice part of town) and she cannot wait to get started. I am expecting my trainer to get his ID by tomorrow, fingers crossed, so he can get his license and we can get back on the road.

10. T.Bear

T.Bear Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    I am so excited that I am going to finally hit the road. My trainer is enroute from Alabama to Atlanta. His load is due Wednesday so I don't know yet if he will pick me up today or tomorrow. I figure one more day won't kill me. There is nothing around me though. The restaurants next door are closed so I ordered in some food. It is not my first choice for a hotel but you have to make the best of it. It is a rainy day in Georgia and I have taught myself to crochet from you tube. Yes I did say crochet. Otherwise I think I would go crazy. Definitely learning you have to roll with it, whatever it is. I am 3 weeks (as of today) official hired so it did take a little while to get a trainer. I spent the last two weeks visiting friends and family and realize I might as well enjoy it while I can. Who knows the next time I will be able to just do nothing. I can't say anything bad about my experience to this point. Yes I wish I had a trainer quicker but heck if that is all I have to complain about. I've heard so many horror stories about people's experiences on this path so I'm not doing too bad. I really miss my husband, daughter and puppies!! The bummer is I won't see them for another 3 weeks or more. But hey I have a job and I"m starting my adventure. WOO HOO

11. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    So awesome you are finally getting started.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.