Teams at JCT

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by BIGBIRD88, May 5, 2015.

1. BIGBIRD88

BIGBIRD88 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2015
    The wife and I are looking to run team for JCT. What's your thoughts on it. The big downside I see is having a 2 year old truck paid off with 500,000 miles on it. Trying to get the pro's and con's before we go and weigh out all the options.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckinDrummer

TruckinDrummer Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2014
    I looked at teams w them and my biggest concern was the double payments. 90 cents a mile and taking what is it 26 cents a mile for variable lease? 500,000 mile trucks are common. I never understood why people!e are concerned about putting less miles on their trucks when they get paid by putting miles hauling freight with that truck. Keep up on pm and you should be OK. Neglect it and well the nightmare starts.

truckinghereandthere Thanks this.
  4. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    The variable lease benefits the teams that get into a brand new truck with the sole purpose of paying it off as fast as possible, or the guy that has no intention of paying off a truck anytime soon so he can go home more frequently without the huge negative settlement when he comes back to work.

5. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Then you have the solo drivers like me who stay out 2-3 months(some people more) at a time and run 30K+ miles a quarter with the sole purpose of paying off the truck. But I take a week off when I go home. I figure I can pay off this truck in another 3 and half years running the way I am running. Which is about a year sooner than expected because the lease is set up for 5 years.

6. A J

A J Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Leave em alone.
    Trucks have now got show high priced with their verbal least you'll run your self in the ground team in and they're going to take close to 75% of that your never know when the truck gets paid it will have more miles on it since it still their truck they will force you to trade it in on another truck so they still can make even more money off of you in that truck by selling it as a used truck I've got four year is in with him teaming and solo they will nickel and dime you to death nothing you can do about it

7. reeferflunkie

reeferflunkie Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2015
    The $120 they charge you every week does not come off the balance...so it's like saying their interest rate is $480 to $600 per month....on top of the profit they are already making on the selling price of the truck...they charge right at $155,000 for a new truck....which brand new at the dealer is $124,900...so that's $30,000 plus $120 per week extra that you will pay for a baseline truck....if you pay it off....which over 94% of people don't end up doing.

8. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    This is just a screen shot of from when i got my truck. You can see that including my 120 my numbers are pretty much the same as JCT. So yeah maybe you don't know how to use interest or anything with math.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.