Tear in red line hose

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dboot01, Jan 28, 2022.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, the OP did just just join us relatively recently, so he may be green enough to asking that seriously.

Diesel Dave, REO6205 and AModelCat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I've had people ask me that while waiting to load or unload. I always tell them no but they want to try it anyway. They watch too many Duct Tape commercials.
    I have trouble with people who ask a question because they truly don't know the answer and then argue with the information I give them.
    One guy did that, said duct tape would fix an airline 'cause his daddy told him so, and he wanted to borrow my roll of duct tape too. He had on a short sleeve short and he had really hairy arms. Hairy like gorilla hairy. I told him to pull off a foot of tape and wrap it real tight on his arm and not to take it off until he was ready to put it on the air line. He did.
    I loaded next so I don't know how it turned out for him. Maybe he learned something. Probably not.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  4. MiFamilyGuy

MiFamilyGuy Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2012
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Very possible I guess.

I've had hydrovac operators swear up and down that duct tape would seal up a 3000 PSI hot water hose. Yeah, no. It doesn't.

6. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’d bust out laughing if somebody tried to tell me that.

Brettj3876 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. BlueDuck1883

BlueDuck1883 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2022
    Never, and I mean never ever tell a DOT who's going to do an inspection on your truck, "Ok, go ahead. But you won't find anything."
    Speaking from experience.

8. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Oh, I know it.

The MD State Trooper in question and I happen to have a bit of a history though. He targets LTLs specifically, and it so happened he saw me coming wearing “Dangerous” placards and probably sported wood. When the prick couldn’t find a hazmat violation he went to the “chafed air line” card, which you could probably write up 90% of the trucks on the road for.

JoeyJunk and BlueDuck1883 Thank this.
  9. Malt Ball Cult

Malt Ball Cult Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2021
    Rescue Tape is sold at many truck stops... Properly applied, it will hold hundreds of PSI. It works as advertised, I've used it successfully.

STILL A TEMPORARY FIX, however.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    We had DOT guys transfer to the Highway Patrol they must have gotten bored lol.

MACK E-6, JoeyJunk and Malt Ball Cult Thank this.
  11. BlueDuck1883

BlueDuck1883 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2022
    I said was I just said not to say to a female DOT in N. Platt.. She looked until she found a hair line split in one of my brake liners. I got out of that with just a little bit of money. But the replacement brakes that were installed, were junk. They chattered bad. Especially when backing up. So, since I had to get new shoes put on somewhere else.
    Two brake jobs because I ran my mouth to a DOT.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.