Tear in red line hose

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dboot01, Jan 28, 2022.

1. dboot01

dboot01 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2021
    No I took it to the shop got fixed in a few minutes nice

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dboot01

dboot01 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2021
    My guys, I barely know how to drive these rigs much less do any repairs to them. All my questions on here may seem like stupid questions but I'll gladly accept being made fun of for it over making a costly dumb mistake over the road.

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Sometimes we get trolls on here. Not always easy to tell.

5. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    Good thing you have it replaced and not duckt wrapped, as intended to begin with)

dboot01 Thanks this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    In my second year (I think), I had some debris get thrown off the tire, hit the back of the cab and then slice through both my air lines. Road service was taking forever and I was worried about having to drive past my 14 so I tried to 'section' the red line. Cut a pen apart and shoved it inside to give some stability as I taped it up. Electrical tape first, then duck tape, then more electrical tape. It did get the brakes to release, but I doubt it would have held through the first turn. I was going to wait until I had just enough time to get the 10 miles to the next exit where there was a Bob Evan's I could sneak into. Thankfully road repair got there before I tried to do the dumb thing that in my naivety thought was a good thing.

That was also the day I learned to just set the triangles on the passenger side and fold them up when you are not stressed out. The Hulk wishes he could smash as well as I destroyed those triangles.

7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    So would I. I've made a few quick field repairs on bulk hoses pushing 15-17psi and duct tape and some hose clamps don't like it

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I have used it for an air line and it got me to a shop without leaking. Also had a coolant hose start leaking at a clamp and it held there too. I still have a roll in my truck toolbox.

Malt Ball Cult Thanks this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Rumor here has it MD troopers like to go to the truck division because they think they can make all the money and never have to worry about getting shot at.

Well, it doesn’t work that way. They have to work for a living too. One of MD’s finest that gave me a level 2 some time last year was telling me about having to inspect trucks until 3 PM, go home, and come back in at 11 to go out on patrol all night.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  10. Malt Ball Cult

Malt Ball Cult Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2021
    I do my best to always have a roll in the side box.

11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    How things are going these days DOT would be the way to go.

spindrift Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.