Tech college driving school not PTDI certified. Problem?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Keith48, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Keith48

Keith48 Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2007
    I just found out that the truck school I am starting next week at my local tech school is not PTDI certified. I have qualified for a tuition grant from my state, so it is going to cost me about $200 for books and supplies to attend; the $2700 tuition is being paid by the state lottery program. Is the fact that it is not PTDI certified going to be a problem when I go job searching? Should I look at someplace that offers training to its drivers instead?

I would have never known about PTDI certification if not for this forum. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    there aren't a whole lot that are.

4. dstockwell

dstockwell Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Georgia
    Its not that big a deal. I am going to a Tech College and they have lots of companies ready to hire graduates because of the length of class and the quality of instruction.

5. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Hey Guppy Fish how is school going anyway? Oh yea I added you to my favorite Guppy list.
    Hope school is going good and if I can help you in anyway you know where to find me.......... in last :hello1:

6. dstockwell

dstockwell Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Georgia
    Hey Wind, did you read the latest updated blog on the other site. I am trying to do a play by play over there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.