Tell me a positive story of....

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by KeepUp, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Unbelievable, (not really) and truckers wonder why customers and brokers demand tracking like Macropoint more and more.

You are going to have to implement a $500 late fee at your discretion, and a $500 Macropoint tracking penalty for it being turned off. You don’t have to utilize any of these penalties if you don’t want, but then they know it’s serious and what could happen. Communication is key but many lack it so unfortunately things like this have to be done.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    Definitely.When I hauled glass for viracon 20 years ago I got detention after 3 hours.Nowadays...good luck.

Upinsmoke, D.Tibbitt and KeepUp Thank this.
  4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Does 9hrs at 55$ hr count LOL. Buzzottos......

Upinsmoke, D.Tibbitt and KeepUp Thank this.
  5. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    We had a load show up one time on scheduled friday and when we were unloading the driver was talking about how he’s gonna call and see if he can get detention pay on this load because he got into town on wed morning and has been sitting under it for 2 days until delivery time. I told him if he would of called us when he got in town we would of unloaded him then with no worries. We don’t play that appointment game and if you show up at lunch or quitting time we still get it done. We know how trucking is. He said he is now close to being out of hours and got nowhere to go. I told him leave it on the dock or the corner of the lot over the weekend and do whatcha got to do here’s my number if you need anything. There’s hotels and resturants and a walmart within a couple blocks walking distance.
    Communication from everyone on the shipping side would have greatly helped in that situation.

Upinsmoke, KeepUp, D.Tibbitt and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Haven't yet used any tracking apps yet. Like you said communication......half the reason we have brokers calling us for repeat business

Upinsmoke, KeepUp and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  7. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Email and text to leave a paper trail. You know nobody communicates anymore when a broker is surprised to get a check call from you

8. KeepUp

KeepUp Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Iowa
    Is the street customer to broker and then dead end? :(

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  9. KeepUp

KeepUp Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Iowa
    Yes, that is nice.... did you have to keep on them? Or was it right away? :)

Upinsmoke and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  10. KeepUp

KeepUp Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Iowa
    I am finding out too that it is all in the communication with the brokers.... they have all voiced appreciation for the calls..... it is only a few minutes of time and a long time of business gain...

11. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I almost never have to claim detention from viracon because they usually unload us a day or 2 early when we show up.

KeepUp and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.