Tell me where I am wrong with Landstar.

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by akfisher, Apr 30, 2015.

1. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    You can't be bothered to argue about rates? I have a "good" list and a "bad" list. Just today, I noticed some of my dreaded people were with a different agency.

I called and asked. Sure 'nuff, One agent moved and two offices are related. I have 3 agencies on the top of my #### list.

Those dudes really pissed me off and tried to rip us off, months ago. I called LS and complained. Landstar told me to deal with it. Okay, we'll never book a load with them.

Agents and brokers will know you, if you've ever hauled for them. Agents/Brokers will also get you more money. Those folks go on my good list!

spectacle13 and KB3MMX Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I'm a new O/O, bought a used truck (no DPF, no DEF, EGR deleted), did all the "recommended" things (took a mechanic to check over truck, etc, etc..) I'm 10 months into it, have put so much money into it and it's still nowhere near where I "want" it....I could have bought a new truck and, at least, saved on repairs (downtime is downtime)....If your'e a diesel tech, yeah, sure it MAY be cheaper...but, I doubt it. You do save on downtime (none of the typical dealer, "we can look at it in two days" crap).

The repairs have all been maintenance stuff, little things, but they add up....an old truck, is an old truck...don't fool yourself.

OOwannaBE, KB3MMX and Hegemeister Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.