Tennessee ripping off drivers over Medical Cards....

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by raytyrell, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    If you look at the area it is in, they are all moving violations.

It could be that there is just not enough to warrant the ticket, but it leaves you in a 3 year bind if you look at the others.

This medical card issue is going to be a problem. Drivers will have to be extra sure to avoid problems. But, how?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shadow Captain

Shadow Captain Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Denver,CO
    CO has a dedicated DOT medical card desk phone # and I asked this question--the lady didn't know the answer and was supposed to Email me the answer--NOT! I have known a couple of drivers over the years who were stopped at out-of-state scale houses for inspections and they found out their CDLs were suspended--both of them received 'driving under suspension' tickets which showed up on their MVR.Some companies won't hire anyone with 'driving under suspension' on the MVR. BTW one was for child support and the other for an unpaid ticket from Cali! Did you check your MVR?

4. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    I took my new med card into DMV in Memphis and updated my certification with no issues. That was a couple of months ago. My old med card expired last month. I have not recieved a letter saying I was suspended. Guess ill call tomorrow.

5. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI

Once your Med Card expires, within 30 days your license will be suspended, unless you get a new DOT Physical and send a copy of your new Med Card to Nashville. My wife's Med Card expired 12/12/13 and we went down on 12/23/13 to renew our licenses, that is when she found her's was suspended. So, don't wait too long or you may find out like I did, that your license is suspended.

6. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I am hoping that the law and the carriers are forgiving due to the fact that so many drivers are going through this. I know the citation states it is a non-moving violation and it is for a non-safety issue, with the state of the license issued from. I think we are going to be in a big mess for a while until every state and the Feds are on the same page... could be a long time..lol

7. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I'm not sure what your trying to say Roadmedic? I stated that the citation states it is a non-moving violation. When I looked on the Gov. website for the 383.51(a)-NSIN it shows 383.51(a) and states it is for driving under a suspended license. I can not find anywhere on the site that states 383.51(a)-NSIN is a moving violation. I will keep my citation close by and rely on that. Had to pay the Lawyer $695 for the service of going to court for me and another $395 as an escrow bond, to barter with... I am thinking the NSIN stands for Non-Safety Incident but, I could be wrong since I can't find anything about it...

8. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Look at the other violations in the chart.

I think you are right on your nsin.

9. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I am working my buns off to find out any/all information pertaining to my 4 PSP violations; 390.2 & 390.2
    I have found that with my speeding ticked; 392.2-SLLS4 I have 10 severity points and with my 383.51(a) I have 5 severity points but cant find anything on 390.2 or 390.21(b) I also can not find anything regarding these points that I hear about from time to time. I was told by my lawyer that my speeding ticket was 30 points, where did they get that number from? I have downloaded a CSA toolkit off of a CSA website and will go through it but, I think there is a lot of confusion. DSMS is not even used by anyone except the FMCSA.

10. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Everything I have read and seen on the forum says that the speeding violations will not be included since they did not happen or listed on the inspection. This is going to be a test of the comments everyone has made.

Only thing I can suggest is to watch this and see what happens when you appear for your company.

http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SMS/Data/carrier.aspx?enc=LCaW0rRFfz5g9gtWOgaXiQ==

SheepDog Thanks this.
  11. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.