terminated for refusing to drive while sick

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by bubba J, Feb 10, 2016.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Are people so bored from COVID (or paranoid about sickness) that they are dragging up 4 year old posts?!?!? :(

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Baa him back and head butt the fella if he squawks too much. Or find another employer.

I had one years ago who could not stand it when I stand on his manager boots and oppose his directives. One morning he went ahead and verbalized a credible threat. And so there it was before it finished echoing around the workplace.

I got the state and lawyers involved and if I wanted to make a case of it with 5 witnesses to call in I can. But ultimately I let it go. If the company is that badly run they will implode eventually in whatever line of work and so it came to pass. I think they shifted to local gasoline tanking now and not have to endure the BS of cement.

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You see a lot of old post being resurrected by people new to TTR. I don't think they even look at the dates on the posts they reply to. Just a subject that catches their interest while browsing.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    LoL...that makes sense. Just thought the 'topic' ... 'odd' at this time, haha! ;)

6. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Raises hand I was guilty of that when I first got here

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    I'm the guy that is accused of resurrecting the thread. I've been on TTR for many years. I was simply browsing and saw I thread I found interesting. I replied and hit post before I saw the date on the last post. Simple enough mistake, I will take my 40 lashes now and move on.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    InTooDeep and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  8. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    LoL.. it's all good; comes at an apropos time, if you ask me, haha! :) I remember you from years back; haven't seen ya in these parts lately, tho!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.