Terminated from Decker Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Elboricua2018, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Elboricua2018

Elboricua2018 Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I went to Decker Truck Lines in Ft Dodge IA. Cool stuff, rented car, nice hotel al that bs. I was terminated in the first day of orientation because I didnt pass the physical test all because a gym machine that I didnt made the required points. The funny part is that I was gonna be in the reefer division so no touch freight. And I was there with 4 more guys in that quiropractic office. The other guys were complaining and gasping for air and I was fresh. I returned to the orientation there was the HR lady that told me "Im sorry we cant continue along you didnt made the required points of the physical test. Were gonna send you and your wife home". Later I talked to one of their drivers, explained what happened. And I got the answer of "Youve been discriminated". I asked them for a retest in the future and it was a no way in hell answer. 3 monthe before that I had a traditional 50 pds physical test and it was perfect.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I don't understand this gym machine thing?

Puppage and Oldironfan Thank this.
  4. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    What are you talking about. Gym thing

5. Elboricua2018

Jul 1, 2018
    Its like a workout machine that you do 10 repetitions and like 3 different positions for the legs and arms. To test your endurance and strength. But the thing is that it was not even 50 pounds.

6. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    And you failed that test?

7. Elboricua2018

Jul 1, 2018
    Thats what they said. I dont know why but that was their excuse.

8. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Well you failed or you didn't, what did you think? Do you believe you passed? Did all of the reps, etc.? Are you severely overweight or something? I'm trying to wrap my head around what actually happened here? And the discrimination comment from the other driver, what was that about?

9. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    I think that is where they have basketball games in high school. Maybe he fouled out.

10. Elboricua2018

Jul 1, 2018
    Dont worry that was a brain storm for me too because like I wrote all the guys were exhausted by the test and I was all fresh. And the other driver about discrimination was that he said that Decker was not supposed to terminate me because of a workout machine and supposedly required points. Im 5 8 140 pounds all healthy.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  11. Elboricua2018

Jul 1, 2018
    Haha maybe Im still figuring out why I failed lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.