Terrible experience, US Express

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Xwingvalet, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Xwingvalet

Xwingvalet Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2023
    Hired by US Xpress for my first trucking job, told I would need to bring 2 weeks worth of clothes and hit the road for training immediately. Instead they sent me back home and linked me up with a trainer that was, among other things, a verbally abusive malignant narcissist. After 4 days, I literally grabbed my things and ran off his truck. Please be cautious working for this company, very misleading. Can't blame them for the trainer necessarily but I was lied to. Oh well, ya live and ya learn

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Why didn't you ask for another trainer? You can't blame the company if they haven't received complaints about him.

gentleroger and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I'm very sorry to hear that, join the long list of abusive trainer stories. Why is that? Trainers are generally not Florence Nightingale. They may be already pixxed off for a variety of reasons, and a trainer is the only job they can get. I couldn't imagine a more stressful job. Don't be dismayed. In todays society, nobody wants any guff, just slide right in, and sometimes it doesn't work that way. Everybody here starting out had to eat some crow, it wasn't fun, but we got through it, and never looked back. I'm not sure how another company may see you leaving so sudden, they don't know or care what happened, it just looks bad on the old screen here. I think you are screwed for US Xpress however. It's your word against their cousin the trainer.

5. XenonOxide

XenonOxide Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2022
    Too many trainers see the student as an easy cash cow rather than have any kind of consideration for their well-being as a human being. The incentive structure really encourages aholes to treat you like an object

6. Iamoverit

Iamoverit Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    That's trucking in general, not a specific trainer thing. The industry as a whole sees the driver as a disposable battery. Use you up as fast as they can, toss you in the trash when you're depleted and replace you with a new fresh one.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    bzinger, Bro_Dave and XenonOxide Thank this.
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

We hear the same story over and over again. "The trainer was mean to me. The trainer hurt my
    feelings.
    The trainer called me rude names, insulted my intelligence, and implied that my parents weren't married. The trainer demanded too much of me...like staying in my own lane of traffic, staying awake for more than four hours at a time, being able to back up in a straight line, taking less than an hour to eat my supper, fueling the truck and getting my hands all greasy, putting on snow chains when I told him I don't like the cold and a whole lot of other things that proved he hated me, didn't communicate very well, and was mentally inferior to me".
    Are there bad trainers out there? Of course there are. I believe it.
    It's easier for me to believe that there are a lot of easily triggered, self-entitled, non productive whiny babies with totally unrealistic expectations concerning trucking and life itself.
    This isn't Cub Scouts or Little League. There are no participation trophies. You either put in the work to learn what you need to learn...with the help of a good trainer...or quit sniveling about how mean the whole world is to you and find a job in a safe space. Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks might be a better match.

Rambling man, drvrtech77, 201 and 8 others Thank this.
  8. Xwingvalet

Nov 9, 2023
    I wish it was that easy?

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Curious, why wasn't it that easy?

Numb and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  10. Xwingvalet

Nov 9, 2023

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    Reason for edit: spelling errors
  11. Xwingvalet

Nov 9, 2023
    I dont know who to talk to

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.