Tesla semi truck is finally here! Pepsi taking delivery of first trucks. Event & drive videos.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Kenworth6969, Dec 1, 2022.

1. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I know it can. It's strange to see people want this truck to fail so badly, that they come up with reasons that defy logic. Like somebody is really going to use a month's worth of electricity in a matter of hours.

As far as hydrogen is concerned, electricity is a better choice in the long term due to its versatility. There are so many ways to generate it, that it should be able to get power almost anywhere. In the future, there is also hope for fusion or an even better energy source. Sustainable hydrogen requires electricity to produce, so there are losses during the conversion process.

Siinman and rogueunh Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    It’s something new, so of course they want it to fail. Trucking has always been a certain way and anything that strays from that isn’t a “real” truck.

4. rogueunh

rogueunh Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2011
    A Tesla car can sit in traffic blowing plenty of heat or AC for a while. A LONG while lol.
    I'm assuming this truck would last even longer if not moving.

Siinman, ZVar and gentleroger Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Hydrogen engines will have just as many problems... I like to watch this dude on utube . he has lots of videos of hydrogen engines... Take into account - BMW has had hydrogen engines for around 15 years now. And they still havent caught on, because they are so much less efficient with power and range then any other fuel source.

rogueunh Thanks this.
  6. rogueunh

rogueunh Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Yea I have looked into hydrogen a bit, especially when BMW came out with their car.
    We have oil and electricity everywhere, but refueling hydrogen is a bit of an issue lol.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I wonder even if the infastructure for it improves to where, if it was as available as diesel . if it would still be as efficient as diesel engines have been for 100 years now compared to any other engine designed for trucks... I do remeber reading awhile back TA partnered or was going to partner ,with a company to provide hydrogen fuel pumps at their truckstops... I know cummins was wanting to put hydrogen engine in production in 5 years or so... Seems the boat is in motion and the technology is there on a manufacturer level.

Just dont know how its all gonna work in reality, with no current infrastructure to support what the governement is pushing down everyones throats.

8. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    The article you linked says nothing about actual pollution, just climate change and CO2. I don’t believe in the “man made climate change” hoax, but even if you do the link doesn’t address actual pollution. The chemicals and materials those batteries are made of is some nasty stuff. Mining it, manufacturing it, and disposal all causes some pretty nasty pollution. Which would you rather have, CO2 in the air or no fresh water to drink?

Snailexpress, JoeyJunk, ZVar and 2 others Thank this.
  9. KrumpledTed

KrumpledTed Medium Load Member

May 6, 2022
    I can’t get over the goofy center seating position. Other than that, it looks sharp in its own way in that picture.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.