Texas DMV would not let me test for endorsements

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by jimmydsmith7, Dec 29, 2021.

1. ozzyoztrucker

ozzyoztrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2019
    I just passed all four tests today. Got the clp. They don't allow to take endorsement tests until after getting cdl. For your concern, your son don't need appointment if you want the clp right away. I got mine from Weatherford,tx dps. I was there at 8.40, he just needs to wait for the people who has appointments. Then they will let walk ins.

BennysPennys Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BennysPennys

BennysPennys Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2021
    Thank You, and this is very good news. Looks like he will be going down to take the four tests for the CLP on Tuesday.

4. ozzyoztrucker

ozzyoztrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Awesome, let him know, wording on the questions is a little bit tricky. After reading the manual, he should take a lot of practice tests. Especially combination questions. I went two days ago, passed first two tests, failed combination with missing with one question. Today i took combination and air brakes ,passed with almost all with the right answers. I did take a lot of practice tests yesterday. Good luck to your son. And by the way,he should not go before 8.40 , before that there's a lot of people waiting in the line. No need to wait an hour in line.

BennysPennys Thanks this.
  5. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    You might not be able to take the Hazmat exam until after you pass the background check. That's how it is in Georgia.

6. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Not true at all. I got all my endorsements when I got my permit. However it may vary state to state.

ZVar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.