Texas Truck Sales, Bad Bad

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by richsotr, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2010
    In your rear view mirror.
    Why would you give them five grand before you had your hands on the keys?

And like the lady says, contact the state attorney general. They will kick some ### for you. Those jackwads should have to reimburse your motel and travel expenses too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    I was thinking the same thing..5k for a promise to get a truck ? Mr.madoff made promise's like that to...

Racer X 69 Thanks this.
  4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Why TEXAS they so sell PETERBILTS in Florida as well.

5. richsotr

richsotr Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Agreed wasn't smart to put down all that but I did it to negotiate a better price on the truck. Still waiting on the refund and my bank has opened a complaint/investigation which might mean nothing but they are putting my money in by tomorrow regardless so they say.

I tried to get a truck in FL from Arrow but they sent me some real crappy looking selections and nothing like I had requested, but in their defense im not partial to volvo's since i have zero experience with them, especially in Schneider colors. My buddy had used the first place to get a truck and I'd be running through Dallas twice in the next 2 weeks so it seemed like a good idea at the time.

The BBB is a waste of time as they said they couldn't log it as an actual complaint. I guess bad business practices means nothing to them.

The boys at Dallas Truck Center have done everything they said they would do. Every time I call or go over there they always have the most current update, they follow up on every detail and everyone in the office knows whats going on with your deal from your salesperson, to finance, to sales management. If you fly into dallas love field or are in dallas they will pick you up or drop you off as needed. Theres also a bus that will drop you at the hotel by them from DFW as well.

I changed to the hotel right next door, Motel 6, decent and cheap with a waffle house on one side and whataburger on the other. The truck place is on the other side from the whataburger. My salesman Ruben was giving me rides to and from as well as over to the first truck place to get my receipts. I moved because I didnt want to waste any more of his time, he's a working man like the rest of us.

I'm thinking the moral of this story is all these places buy used trucks from carriers etc, clean them up and sell them. So the truck is probably not gonna be better from one place to the next, they are what they are so it all comes down to dealing with a professional, organized staff that does what they say they are going to do and so far Dallas Truck Center has done that and been that.

I would suggest to those wanting to buy a truck and needing financing you can work out financing in advance. This company: http://chbrownco.com/
    has been real good with rates and service. You probably need a good rating on your credit with an asset like a house etc from what i've heard about them.

6. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    if you have to "finance"a truck, your chances of going out of bussiness are 10 fold...you would NOT have these kinds of problems if you bought your truck outright ....I know you dont have the money but you want to be an O/O...financing equals death to your wallet..

Motownfire Thanks this.
  7. jimvrg

jimvrg Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2012
    yellville arkansas
    what goes around comes around,they will get theres someday

8. FLATBED

financing equals death to your wallet.. :biggrin_2555: What a JOKE.

There are some O/O's who could not make $ with a PRINTING PRESS let alone trucking even if eveything was paid for , while others start off FINANCED and actually make it WORK for them.

V8SuperDog and Leftlane101 Thank this.
  9. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    its not a joke, but you can believe anything you want...but if he paid cash for his truck would he living out of the hotels and fighting to get his 5k back? Would he be trying to figure out who to cry to ? BBB? AG? the peterbuilt dealer ?? The joke is on all you poor saps that have no money and think you can own the american dream by financing... Some will learn, most wont:biggrin_25511::biggrin_25511:

Motownfire Thanks this.
  10. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    You can forget about the AG too. They work for business that can line their pocket

11. FLATBED

The joke is on all you poor saps that have no money :biggrin_2559: You KNOW didly squat about ME and I am far from being POOR or a SAP.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.