That’s it. I give up. LED Headlights, Fog Lights and light bars?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by otterinthewater, Jan 17, 2019.

1. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    You guys win.

You know who you are.

I like to drive at night. For all the right reasons. More miles, less traffic, and the occasional animal that hucks themself in front of the truck that causes a brief moment of pure panic. Which reminds me, why do people say “I hit a deer”. Unless you drove off the road into the forrest the deer hit you. I want to see that deers license and insurance, but they’re always conveniently dead. ########. Anyway I digress.

So, where was I?

Oh ya. I GIVE UP!

What in the ever living #### is up with these morons with LED headlights, LED lightbars, and LED fog lights??

They turn them all on and blind the #### out of me. Where’s DOT or the police on this? Last night a guys lights were so bright I flashed him. I never do that. But it was insane. I realized later that he must’ve had about 7,000,000 candle power (I hope that’s a lot I don’t know ####) and his lights reflecting off the moon must’ve prevented him from seeing my 55w H11 cheap ### company bulbs. Also why is it always the beat down as #### O/O trucks that have the ability to light up a nascar track? It’s never the shiny 379 or new Volvo 860. It’s always some tired as #### Century or worse.

Since I’m losing this battle I’m going all in. I want the retina burners that will make Superman shade his eyes. I want power. I want lights that cripple airports.

Where do I get them? I looked on amazon and all I did was get confused. Help.

tinytim, KDT, Eowyn and 24 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
  4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    2nd that led over kill

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Back in the day I had a set of 8" amber spot beams that put out 1,000,000 candle power each with 100W bulbs.
    They would give me daylight for over a mile.
    You should see those things in fog. Golden phasers from Star Trek for several hundred feet in the densest fog.

I have seen those bright LED lights. They do not compete at that level, but they are quite annoying.

6. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Yep 7 Million candle power is a lot... A light that bright stuck in the south end of a north bound cow would make said cow glow!... Lol

Back in my cowboying days I had a 2 million Candle power spot light... I could see black cattle at nearly 3/8 of a mile on the darkest of nights.

7. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    The deer isn't crossing the road. The road is crossing the forest.

Dan.S, tinytim, Bach111 and 13 others Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    In the old days a million power sunbeam took care of certain issues at night.

But we don't have to worry about that now.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Can’t beat them? Join them. Get super brights and a pair of sunglasses. Then everyone is just blasting each other!

Dan.S, Rideandrepair, Ryan423 and 4 others Thank this.
  10. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    :cheers: I win too...When I encounter those guys I just turn my BRIGHTS on and leave them on until I they pass by. :) BTW this MELS at Boomtown has great food!

11. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I was reading cattleman's post, and expecting the Frequent Poster.

He must get a text alert whenever someone posts "mountain", "old days", "old iron", "Hunts Point", or "76 truck stop".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.