That moment when the road fails

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Okie dokey, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Okie dokey

Okie dokey Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Okie dokey

Jul 24, 2018
    This was a coworkers truck a couple months ago. Got to say it was one of the closest to roll overs I've seen in awhile. Was definitely a very interesting day the truck behind me got stuck as well so I spent the next 2 hours waiting on the wrecker.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Next time she does that, roll the drum a little bit until you pile the cement on the high side a little bit. A few ton up there on the spiral will hold her.

6. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    That's not a road, fella. That barely passes as a path, let alone a road. And two hours for a wrecker? Well dern. Did he have to steal a new wrecker before he could get out there? I hope you didn't pay by the hour.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  7. Okie dokey

Jul 24, 2018
    Ha didn't cost me a dime I was a company driver and the only one not to end up stuck. Unfortunately in concrete this is one of the better roads for large construction sites around here. You should see what so ever of these contractors call roads on jobsites well my dozer made it through you should be fine they say as I look at a dirt road covered with 2 feet of water. My reply is thank you for paying for this load I'm going back to the plant to get rid of it learn to make better access it will save you guys a fortune

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  8. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    Haha I believe it. Construction sites are a PITA. Speaking of which, around here they're about to be expanding highways for the next 7-10 years, or so they guess. There's a lot of change coming to this area. Like US64 is becoming I think it's I85 or something like that. Then US64 bus is being expanded, going from three/two lanes to straight four lanes. Then there's a CSX rail hub coming as well. All of that because Norfolk is being expanded, and they're going to have a direct line to the CSX hub.

It's gonna be great for the area. I mean that's at least a couple thousand jobs, and CSX pays well. It's rough work, but it's good, honest pay.

9. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    That’s what I thought, where is the Road.

towmantater Thanks this.
  10. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Looks like a road to an oilfield guy. Just need to add a 200' sheer drop beside it.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Two hours for a wrecker ain't bad. How about TWO wreckers to pull my mixer out when the fuel pump went out right in the middle of pouring.

Happened about 1600, got back to the yard at 2200, 15 miles away.

As far as that original post goes, I'd put that on the driver for getting too close to the edge.

That's an excellent road as far as paths that mixers travel on.

brian991219 and okiedokie Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.