that smoke smell in the truck...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by soon2betrucking, Oct 18, 2008.

1. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    I don't thank anyone should be able to tell me where I can smoke. and I'm A non smoker.Common seance should tell you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    That comment has nothing to do with this thread.

A smoker is trying to figure how to get the smoke smell out of his truck.

4. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    This has nothing to do with getting the smell out of his truck.Danny

5. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007

It is in reference to the smokers who have tried some remedies and have made comments that their trucks do not smell of smoke.

It was used as an example that a smoker has a loss of the smell.

6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I always try to air my truck out, when parked for any length of time.

Due to allergies, I'm unable to use common air fresheners that most drivers use. I can take them for a few days, then I start having breathing issues...and they have to go. Anyone that may have simular issues...look for Red 5 on the label of your air fresheners.

To reduce the smell, I keep my interior wiped down. And use Frebreez on all fabrics. I even give the vents a shot when exiting the truck for the weekend.

A simple way I have found to reduce the odor (all odors)....dryer sheets. I toss a couple in the overhead. And change them out every couple of weeks.

7. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    I'll have to try that. This truck smells of smoke bad. They said they cleaned it and all, but......

8. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    as the commericals say, most air "fresheners" just mask the smells. I'm a bit like Danc694u in this regard - most of them do not treat asthmatics favorably.. so I don't use them.

'Course, heavy smoke smell does the same thing. Part of the reason is that the particulate are 1) large and 2) very rough - ergo highly irritating to various and sundry internal tissues.

Once the truck is cleaned out (wiped down, febreezed (which doesn't bug me much), I'd go with one of those small air ionizer cleaner jobbies. A flow-through model, if possible. That gizmotronical thing from Shaper Image (as overpriced as they are) is a good choice.

9. Screming Eagle

Screming Eagle Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Wilsonville, AL
    My wife has emphazema and we use the lemon oust only once and a while it's the jell that keeps the smell down all it does is absorbe the oder so it keeps our truck smelling good. if you have really bad smoke oder spray the oust and you wont have it any more. Thats why we have both the jell cost maby 3.00 and last for a long time. When we use the spray we are at a truck stop and before we go in we close the curtain and stick hand and oust throught the curtain and spray. Tehn she steps down and sprays the rest of the cab and closes the door. when we get back to the truck it smells clean and fresh.

Baack Thanks this.
  10. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    I have sprayed the oust twice. It is in the mattress and the seat. I have wiped the entire truck down with simple green.

They said they put a new mattress in it, but it does not look like one. Certainly does not smell like it.

11. GreenAcres

GreenAcres Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Astoria IL
    Hey Medic- My husband just started and I cleaned his truck last weekend. I took one look at his mattress and grossed out. Do you know where you can get a replacement? Is it just a twin? Just curious, because it looks about 20 years old and I'd love to get him one that doesn't have lumps everywhere!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.