The 8 inch rand McNally tablet

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Upright, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You asked one question in where to get the info. I asked you to provide the questions you are looking for answers. I mentioned some things I cannot mention might be the cause of the no info found on the RM website.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Singular_Lupus

Singular_Lupus Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Mobile, Al
    Mark, what are the technical specs for the new TND Tablet. Hardware? Operating system? I'm not seeing any listed on the RM product page.

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    looks like you have to actually call them to ask questions and find out the specs.

unless mark can post the exact link that goes right to the specs. cuz i couldn't find em.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Did you follow the link and see the scroll bar on the right side and scroll down and click on what you wish to read about.

tablet specs.jpg

Thanks,
    Mark

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    yep, didn't get the bottom of the page the first time i tried. but it's there now.

thanks.

7. Bugjuicet3

Bugjuicet3 Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Murphy, NC
    They are supposed to release info for this on Monday according to their Facebook post that's why you can't find any info on it yet

8. Bugjuicet3

Bugjuicet3 Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Murphy, NC
    I may get one. They aren't overpriced if you factor usually 300 for gps 1-200 for a dash cam, plus your getting a tablet. I have a tnd 720 now and really wish it showed the weather forecast. The little video appears that this will. I've been wanting an upgrade anyway

SavageSam Thanks this.
  9. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

OK, so it's not running on stock Android. Does it have the Google services installed, or is it AOSP Android? It's running KitKat; is an update to Lollipop in the works?

I'm not bashing (or even judging) the product; I haven't even seen one in person. I'm trying to figure out the value added to what amounts to being a $150 Android tablet. It could well be worth every penny of $499.

SavageSam Thanks this.
  10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Google - Yes

KitKat - yes

as far as to Lollipop I will have to check.

I cannot post the more in depth report yet as RM has not posted it. The Link to the website is above, be sure to scroll down for info on it.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.