The Abilene Experience from 0-solo

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by trkrmichael, Dec 23, 2017.

1. lil penny

lil penny Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Thanks...whats a MC?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Authority

4. Kwan23

Kwan23 Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    looking to join Abilene how is it going for yall??

5. MacTruck

MacTruck Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Do they run down in to Florida?

6. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Yes, our 3 main customers have pretty regular loads all over that state.

7. trkrmichael

trkrmichael Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2017
    This week is my 6 month anniversary, I have nothing negative to say and only complaint is id love more miles per pay period but aside from that all is well on the green team personally for me this was a great place to get restarted in my driving career onlybplace im leaving here for is a day cab at home

ExtremeUnction and Redtwin Thank this.
  8. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    If you don't mind posting, how many miles are you averaging per pay period?. I used to get frustrated with "wasted" time waiting to get a load or loads with too much time on them, but overall I have found that things balance out. Now I don't even bother looking at my daily mileage, or even the total miles on each settlement. As long as the dollar amount paid meets my minimum standard I don't care how I got there, be it border crossing, detention or extra stop pay. I find that approach much easier than counting miles.

I'm with you on staying here unless its for a home daily gig.

9. trkrmichael

Oct 3, 2017
    every driver is different I will say my miles have varied quite a bit probably one of my biggest pet peeves here , I will say we have plenty freight and when you ask for more miles they have them to give , depending on where you live and how often you go home truly affect the miles , I was told by the operations manager they consistently look to average each driver 12k miles per month or 3k a week again every drivers habits differ we have some drivers that use the full time allotted to deliver and others who push to be early and get reloaded and moving again , we also have drivers that take longer than 10 hr breaks and lolly gag through the trip so depending on you and your relationship and reputation on time Id say average is 2500-3000 miles and more or far less at times

10. trkrmichael

Oct 3, 2017
    So 1 year ago I began this journey, I’m grateful for all I’ve been through and experienced. I came here with a huge goal and achieved it with the amazing folks that work here and run the company. My life has changed in a lot of ways since day one , I’ve had major struggles with equipment and miles and my initial driver manager, now those issues are ironed out I’m thankful I stayed the course.

My opinion of the company is I couldn’t have made a better choice, the upper management cares a lot and have reached out to me personally on a lot of occasions to help me or ask for what they could do better. No company is perfect as I’ve worked a fair amount of places in my life and have yet to find this anywhere I’ve been.

I’m blessed and extremely grateful to have made great friendships one In particularly in my coach johnboy, he alone has been instrumental in my success and advancement through the pastv12 months and is someone I’ll consider a great friend for life!

My advice to any new commers would be do your research on the company talk to a recruiter , my recruiter and friend is Trish another great asset to this company! If you have a question feel free to ask me I’m not on much but will do my best to reply timely.

Thank you Abilene for changing my life for the better ....onwards into year 2 , unsure what my future will be I’m not sure but I’m eternally grateful for al I have!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.