The absolute worst treatment a newbie can expose himself to

Discussion in 'TMC' started by sabre1, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Fozzy

Fozzy Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Quincy IL
    So Jarhed...does that mean you are going up there this weekend. I will be headed up there as well. I don't plan on getting there till like 8 on sun. Maybe I will see you there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Yep, trying to figure out whether to rent a car and drive or just fly up. They will reimburse the amount up to what a bus ticket would cost from SoCal ($179) so that wont cover all of it. Driving would take me about a day and a half, leaving Friday afternoon from SoCal and getting in at about 9-10pm on Saturday night, Hertz would cost me $215 plus gas. Flying one way would be about $489 on United. I'd leave Ontario CA airport at about 7:45am on Saturday, and get in around 6:45 at the Des Moines airport.

Cant decide.

I'll be the jarhed with the buzz cut and most likely a Marine Corps t-shirt. :biggrin_25520:

I'll see if I can PM you my cell number.

BTW, did you get the checklist yet? If not, lemme know, I'll send it to you. Looks like we will be waiting there after orientation for the trainer. They say: "Most drivers get home on weekends during training periods." I wonder how true that is? Either way, I'm going to be prepared to be away from home for two months.

4. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Ok, cant PM yet. You get the jist. Look for me Sunday night or Monday morning. 0630 is reporting time, dont be late!

:yes2557:

5. Fozzy

Fozzy Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Quincy IL
    I see. I am in Illinois so it will only take me 4 hours to get there so I am going to take my own(wifes car...cheeper on gas). Yeah I did get my check list. I have a pair of older boots from when I was an auto tech I am going to take. Hopefully they don't care if they are not new. I saw that it starts at 6:30, I wonder what time we are done each day then? I think it will be a long 2 weeks. I am going to bring my 360 to help pass the time. And we should be home every weekend. The recruter that came to my school said that was because all of there customers are closed on the weekends. I thought that after the first 2 weeks we go home and wait for the trainer then. I know of 3 guys within 15 miles of my home who drive for them so hopefully one is a trainer. See Ya there.
    BTW
    My name is Matt H.

6. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Kewl!

I'm just wearing my brown USMC Combat boots, complete with Marine Corps emblem on the heel. Hope they dont freak out over it. I guess I'm just going to fly. Want to get in and relax on Saturday, get situated, get a cooler and fill it with ice for food that I get at the grocery store (no fridges in the rooms).

My name is Raphael C (Just call me RC)

7. Ubbzy

Ubbzy Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Millbrook, NY
    Fozzy and Jarhead,

1. There are not going to give you $179 for your plane ticket. You'll get $100

2. I have not had to wear boots yet...just sneakers.

3. You will be going home after your training to wait for a trainer.

SEE YA BOTH ON sUNDAY.

8. Ubbzy

Ubbzy Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Millbrook, NY

Sabre1. You need to reveal yourself to me tomorrow in class. I am the only guy from New York. Front row by the wall.... I need to laugh with you about this.:biggrin_2559::biggrin_25514:

9. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Quote from Jen after telling her that I would opt for a plane or car instead of a bus: "
    that sounds good to me! i will make sure that i get the money on your check."

She said that the most she could reimburse me was the amount it would cost to get me there on a bus. It probably would have cost them $100 to get you there on a bus, which explains the $100 you got.

I'm bringing boots, but will have sneaks and my running shoes for a little run every now and again.

From Jen: you will need to leave out of des moines with a trainer so driving your own vehicle would not be advised.

From the checklist:
    9. After Orientation, you may be required to meet your trainer directly from the terminal. You will be paid for waiting periods.
    10. You may also go home to meet your trainer or await trainer assignment. This will be without pay until you go in a trainer trk.

Not sure which will be the case, but I'm going to be prepared to pick up a trainer there.

10. Fozzy

Fozzy Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Quincy IL
    Sounds good to me. I will wear shoes, but bring boots just in case. See you Sunday.

11. Ubbzy

Ubbzy Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Millbrook, NY

Haha I have to wear boots tomorrow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.