THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE - DFO gets a truck and hops on Schneider's IC Choice Program

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by dieselfuelonly, Nov 1, 2013.

1. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    They're making way more money off of you than any ic. Difference is they are taking more risk to make more money off of you. In the case of IC's assume more risk and in turn there is more potential reward.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Completely laughable from someone who's never been an o/o...

stevep1977, mickimause and Hegemeister Thank this.
  4. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I know that's right. It seems the one's that don't do it know the most.

Dipschitt and skyviper73 Thank this.
  5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    not making quite that much with FSC down but I must say im loving fuel prices.

the only prob and one of the main reasons I stayed where I am is because to keep that avg u have to stay to the east as most loads in the west suck for pay. Also agreed on the $1.25 a mile would be hard as hell for anyone to make it on.

6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    and that's why companies LOVE paying mileage instead of of percentage.... they make more money off the dumb driver.
    Then they'll give you that 44k load going 300 miles into the Northeast at $1.25 and if you turn it down they'll say "that's all the freight we have" lol.

7. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Coming from a family of true owner operators, I broke the mold and went company. And have no worries with the path I've chosen.

TennMan Thanks this.
  8. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    What is a "true" owner operator? Running your own authority? Dealing with factoring companies, or having $30k in the bank to cover a month or two worth of expenses while waiting for payment? Screwing with brokers and doing credit checks for them and the customer before accepting a load? Negotiating rates? Buying and maintaining a trailer in addition to the tractor? Just wondering because I actually like the idea of having my own truck, but letting a big company deal with all that other stuff. I'm sure "true" owner operators can make a lot more money than one being leased on to a large company, but you EARN every bit of that extra income. Maybe someday I'll do that, but not now.

TennMan and stevep1977 Thank this.
  9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Hence why I said a post or 2 back that I think in the long run % has more to offer then mileage based. I'm only still where I am because SNI cant match what I'm currently making staying near home. Otherwise would have been long gone by now. :)

10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    yeah Idaho.... there's nothing there. If you're getting paid pretty well and getting home over there you're doing good.

11. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Im thur the house at least once a week. Means more to my wife and kids then anything else. :) btw whipper hope all is going good for you. Enjoying that truck ?

Btw dfo has moved on to a new thread so does this count as hi-jacking. :p

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.