THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE - DFO gets a truck and hops on Schneider's IC Choice Program

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by dieselfuelonly, Nov 1, 2013.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    both windshield and sleeper curtains.
    I have no issues with the magnets and them closing....
    BUT the windshield ones I have to wrestle with to move them, they get stuck in the rail all the time.
    In the sleeper the curtains don't reach the ground which is simply stupid because I can't separate both sides so cold air comes in. The Esbar heater isn't the greatest soo I have to stuff up the gaps under the curtains to keep the cold air on the other side.

Another thing which is odd... while driving up front you can't hear wind or road noise which is awesome BUT in the sleeper while parked for the night it's real noisey by the windows. The sound soo easily comes in as if the window is opened when it's not. They had a brain fart when it came to sound proofing the sleeper windows.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I really liked my Esbar. Never needed or used the sleeper curtains even at 10 degrees. Try running it on high temp as soon as you turn the engine off. Don't let the sleeper cool off.

4. Kenworth #1

Kenworth #1 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Clarksville,TN
    In my T-700, I never use the bunk curtains. It stays cold in the summer and warm in the winter. Never set my espar heater higher than 68*. Any higher than that and it will run you out. Just make sure you have a cold air return hooked up to the back of the espar so it draws in the cold air from the bunk area. There is a thermostat inside the heater that uses that cold air as a signal. My first truck didn't have the cold air return and I couldn't keep the bunk warm but once I installed it, it worked like a dream. Also, to stay cold in the summer, go to Lowe's and get a roll sunshield material which is insulated. Same stuff that they make sunshields for car windshields. It comes in 2' or 4' widths. Works great in my windshield and both side windows. No heat comes in and stays frosty inside. Don't even have to use the curtains at all.

91B20H8, mickimause and Hegemeister Thank this.
  5. 1girl1truck

1girl1truck Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Birmingham, AL

THIS is THE BEST post I've read, ever, so far! I'm still so impressed with this coming from a 23-24 year old. You will do so well & be well set by the time you're ready to retire, even if you don't stay in trucking. But I have a feeling you will...

I wish I could get a crash course in truck maintenance. My biggest financial concern is not being able to fix minor issues & having to depend on repair shops & pay the price.

shatteredsquare and mickimause Thank this.
  6. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    For $2 a mile and $50 per hour DFO will fix minor issues for ya ;-) just havin fun, if you run into issues hit us up, lotta mechanically minded folks here

1girl1truck Thanks this.
  7. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Why should they? Its not Schneider's fault you have to support 12 people.

mickimause Thanks this.
  8. 1girl1truck

1girl1truck Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Birmingham, AL

Just an update, in case the policy changed:
    I've been a Schneider company driver for 7 months on a dedicated account for Home Depot. My account would be considered regional at most. No prior experience. I'm going into the Choice program next week.

Shardrk, Lonesome, stevep1977 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. ew2108

ew2108 Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Baltimore, Md
    Welcome to the family

1girl1truck Thanks this.
  10. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Thanks for the info. I do not remember when I posted that but I have been approved by SNI and SFI. I am waiting til about March or April.

TennMan and 1girl1truck Thank this.
  11. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    I'm guessing I will meet you here in Green Bay.

1girl1truck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.