THE ADVENTURES MK III - Still doing it my way

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by dieselfuelonly, Nov 5, 2014.

1. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    DFO for IC Union President.

If they won't negotiate he goes in Med free.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    The Chosen Frozen Poland Spring Warrior!! oops I mean water..lol

91B20H8, s4l, mickimause and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    So I started a new job today. My neighbor runs a small excavation business, couple dump trucks, excavator, skid steer, several tractors, etc. He is an older guy and has been having trouble keeping his blood pressure under control and he had to finally give up his CDL because his medical card expired and he couldn't get it renewed due to his blood pressure. The other guy that works for him decided earlier this year that he was done driving as well, so that left them without a driver. He needs someone to both haul his equipment to and from job sites and to haul away whatever he digs up as well. He knows what has been going on with me and came to talk with me about driving for him and I figured I'd give it a shot. He doesn't care what medication I'm taking, he told me to come over and drive the trucks whenever to get a feel for them, he's just a good guy. He is 72 and has probably worked darn near every day of his life so I don't think he quite understands how the anxiety affects me, but I know he's got my back and wants me to get better, whether I stay on driving with him or go back to driving my own truck.

I'm taking a big pay cut doing this, but honestly it's a paycheck (something I haven't seen in a while lol), I'm home every night, don't leave the state, a "long" job is a few hours away, plus those are few and far between, and I've enjoyed learning driving something besides a big truck. I'm sure he'll put me on some equipment too when the time comes, so that would be a nice notch to have on my belt should I decide that OTR trucking isn't for me in the long run. The old International Paystar with probably 250HP and a 10 speed is taking some getting used to, but it shouldn't take long to get a good feel for it. It really makes me miss my big Caterpillar, it's all this truck can do to accelerate on flat ground and I imagine hitting 65MPH on the interstate will take a downhill grade and a tailwind to get it there. Hauling the excavator back today coming out of some residential neighborhood... 6th... 5th... 4th... 3rd... 2n... nope not gonna go in second. Stop, first gear, try to hit second... nope. Just not gonna do it with a 10spd, no way to drop rpms fast enough. First gear crawl of shame all the way to the top. Will have to just hit second at the bottom and crawl up next time LOL. That truck could really use a 15 speed with the low side to get things rolling.

It feels good to be doing something again, after working with the psychiatrist and trying I think three different prescriptions since my last post, we've FINALLY found that Paxil seems to be working for me. I've been on it for only about 3-4 days now and it is helping, and I'm at the starting dosage. That has really upped my spirits about all this after months and months of trying and finding nothing that worked for me. I don't know if SNI would allow me to drive for them while on that medication, but I think working for SNI was a good experience but it will be time to move on to somewhere else if and when that time comes that I want to go back to OTR.

Hope everyone's been doing well.

taugust, mickimause, Grijon and 20 others Thank this.
  5. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    @dieselfuelonly

Glad to hear you're doing better! A warning about Paxil though. I took it for 10 years for anxiety/depression. Finally decided to switch to Welbutrin after reading about all the things Paxil does. I want to tell you, coming off the Paxil was one of the hardest things I have ever done. The withdrawal symptoms were unreal. Paxil worked well for me while I took it though, and I hope it works well for you. The Welbutrin works for me and is OK to drive on. I never drove while on Paxil...

Good luck and continued good thoughts. If you need an ear you know the number...

Roll on...

mickimause, 91B20H8 and dieselfuelonly Thank this.
  6. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    DFO U ROCK BRUTHA, you've got my # too, if sadwar can't take your call, just take your time, you've got a good bean between your ears and you might just find heavyhaul with your own truck and authority might be the ticket. Hmmm DFO'S HEAVYHAUL AND EXCAVATIONS

mickimause Thanks this.
  7. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    From the sounds of it, he may be luckiing into a whole new business.

mickimause and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  8. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    Glad your doing better DFO. Good luck ! Sounds like your kicking that sh1t in the butt.

9. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    DFO keep on rocking brother we are all routing for you glad to hear your back behind the wheel with a new venture good luck keep us posted.

mickimause Thanks this.
  10. s4l

s4l Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Good luck man! I hope you continue to see improvement and that everything works out!

mickimause Thanks this.
  11. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Glad to hear that you are doing good with the medication and that you have found a job driving.

mickimause Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.